No announcement yet.

Canelo made Jacobs look foolish - Video Evidence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
    Same here. The underdog didn’t have a sense of urgency and the favorite don’t have a second gear either. Good win for nelo but nothing special, easily forgettable and wouldn’t put you on top of the pound for pound rankings.. Disappointed by spence, loma, mikey, crawford and canelo and it’s just May wew
    I mean Crawford had his action. It was a quality low blow.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
      Same here. The underdog didn’t have a sense of urgency and the favorite don’t have a second gear either. Good win for nelo but nothing special, easily forgettable and wouldn’t put you on top of the pound for pound rankings.. Disappointed by spence, loma, mikey, crawford and canelo and it’s just May wew
      In terms of excitement or a war you right it didn't live up but that is on Jacobs. Remember he is the one who literally paid 1M to gain a 2 weight class advantage, he was drastically bigger and stronger man and yet wanted no parts of that type of fight. He came out refusing to fight that type of fight and wanted to outbox canelo. So canelo adjusted and fought the type of fight Jacobs gave him and schooled the phuk out of him. It was Jacobs who was losing it was obvious his game plan wasn't working and still simply refused to take risks or try to slug it out.

Canelo's defense and counter punching be making these top guys fight like puzzzy's when they face Canelo. They don't take more risk fight more aggressive because they don't want to get counterd and knocked the phuk out. Did it to Jacobs, literally made Mr Mexican Style abandon Mexican Style not once but twice. Even a guy like Cotto went on a bike when he faced Canelo. At some point you have to look at his opponents who fight 1 way aggressive their entire career and then their offense production and efficiency falls off a cliff when they face Canelo. Canelo had a man with height, size and huge knockout rate at middleweight shook and when he did throw something other then jabs to keep Canelo away from him he missed badly.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
        You got it! That uppercut moment was a thing of beauty. I called that GIFable in my scorecard.
        Canelo straight makes Jacobs miss 20 straight punches and look stupid then drops his hands walks out the corner with that c0cky I just styled on you look to Jacobs. Jacobs get's mad tries to flurry again before the bell and Canelo rocks him with that uppercut.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
          And jacobs was blocking most of his shots. You guys are too easily impressed, canelo rarely landed any good counters after dodging them.
          ggg landed way more cleaner shots against jacobs and about 100 more jabs.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
            The first video I posted shows Jacobs missing about 20 straight punches while during that same 15 sec video canelo threw 2 punches landed both clean first a hard jab and then ending the round with a hard uppercut. Jacobs didn't block either lol

I can post tons of videos of Canelo landing clean he obviously landed more then Jacobs the punch stats prove that and he landed at double the connect rate (canelo 40% of punches he threw landed while only 20% of what Jacobs threw landed). But this thread is about canelo making Jacobs look foolish so I'm talking about his defense.
            It was a boxing lesson. It's hard to make a professional fighter, let alone a champion, look clumsy and uncoordinated, and Canelo did just that.

I do think though, that Canelo got a little too enamored with his defense, got a little bit too cute, and that prevented him from attacking more and scoring an even clearer victor, even a stoppage. He was so much in control that he got overconfident and a bit ****y, I think.

Comment

both of their defense was on point. but canelo is more pleasing to the eye. dodging blows with head movement looks more "slick" and flashy then simply blocking them with hands up.. but same result

Comment

Canelo has a great defense and offense but a big stamina problem. I think GGG or Brant could take advantage of that by setting a very fast pace and throwing 800 to 1000 or more punches. Canelo only threw about 450 punches to Jacobs's 650 punches. He let Jacobs win a couple of late rounds because he seemed too tired to throw much back. Canelo trains very hard but some boxers just naturally have more stamina than others and his lack of stamina is a weakness. He is hard to beat but getting him tired and winning late rounds would be a way for the right boxer to try to beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  In terms of excitement or a war you right it didn't live up but that is on Jacobs. Remember he is the one who literally paid 1M to gain a 2 weight class advantage, he was drastically bigger and stronger man and yet wanted no parts of that type of fight. He came out refusing to fight that type of fight and wanted to outbox canelo. So canelo adjusted and fought the type of fight Jacobs gave him and schooled the phuk out of him. It was Jacobs who was losing it was obvious his game plan wasn't working and still simply refused to take risks or try to slug it out.

Canelo's defense and counter punching be making these top guys fight like puzzzy's when they face Canelo. They don't take more risk fight more aggressive because they don't want to get counterd and knocked the phuk out. Did it to Jacobs, literally made Mr Mexican Style abandon Mexican Style not once but twice. Even a guy like Cotto went on a bike when he faced Canelo. At some point you have to look at his opponents who fight 1 way aggressive their entire career and then their offense production and efficiency falls off a cliff when they face Canelo. Canelo had a man with height, size and huge knockout rate at middleweight shook and when he did throw something other then jabs to keep Canelo away from him he missed badly.
                  He is bigger than Canelo but not by two weight classes. He weighed 173.6 pounds in the morning and Canelo weighed 149 in the morning. That is a difference of 4.6 pounds. Maybe Jacobs adds more weight than Canelo after the morning weigh in and out weighs him by maybe 181 to 173 at a guess. It's like a true 168 pounder against a true midleweight.

Comment

you can tell canelo took some pages out of floyd's book!

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      He is bigger than Canelo but not by two weight classes. He weighed 173.6 pounds in the morning and Canelo weighed 149 in the morning. That is a difference of 4.6 pounds. Maybe Jacobs adds more weight than Canelo after the morning weigh in and out weighs him by maybe 181 to 173 at a guess. It's like a true 168 pounder against a true midleweight.
                      He re hydrated and entered the ring at minimum 2 weight classes bigger then Canelo. Canelo likely entered around 172-174 while Jacobs entered the ring easily 180-185lbs. My point is he paid 1M to gain that huge fight night weight advantage and still fought passive and scared at times. The reason there wasn't more excitement is the much bigger and stronger man wanted to make this strictly a boxing skill match and despite missing badly and looking foolish never deviated from that plan refused to take risks that would of either changed the fight or got himself knocked out.

Comment

Working...
                      X