No announcement yet.

Pacquiao is...........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
    Jogre Castro and Hiroshi Kobayashi should be in HOF as well, 2 others Duran beat.

Personally don't think Garcia should be in, although less deserving people have gotten in.
    I agree and lets looks at those 2 names. Duran beat Kobayashi in like what? 1970?71? Somewhere around there early 70's, at 135? And, then beat Jorge Castro a prime Castro late 90's, like 1997 I think, at 168.

Do people realize how crazy that is. And, when people say Pac is top 10. Is like come on Duran is like borderline top 10 all time. He can be in or you can leave him right outside the top 10. Is like a flip of the coin when you get to that level.

And, as much as I love Pac, I am a huge fan, but there is no way he should be ranked ahead of Duran in terms of greatness. If Pac can have a top elite win 15 years past his prime then we can talk about it. Until then no....

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      Manny is a great fighter. I have been watching boxing since 1979. He is a great champion but he simply isn't the greatest fighter I have seen. He is not better than floyd, sweet pea, leonard, hagler, duran, chavez, or ricardo lopez. Of course me saying he isn't as good as these guys is like saying Kobe isn't as good as Jordan or Magic.

To me he most closely resembles Mike Tyson. The scary power and a killer instinct but still makes too many mistakes that only great boxers can and have exploited.

Manny's greatness is the fact his body has allowed him to move up in weight and accomplish things that no other man has or will. Major props fopr that.

What I am surprised about is all the praise he is getting for beeating Margacheato. While he did beat his a$$ badly, he was a 5-1 favorite. This was expected to happen.

Now if he wins when he is not the favorite (and you all know there is only 1 fight he wont go in the favorite) then I may feel as strongly as Cuauhtémoc1502
      end of thread....

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
        sweetpea making hoya look silly?....please, i know you hate the man but showboating and running around does'nt impress me at all and that what pea did vs hoya!.....even bucktooth roger mayweather made pea looked silly at times too, but is it something to brag about?....hell no!.....if its up to me cotto and hatton definitely enters the hall of FAME, but to each his own!
        Which round was it, round 2 and round 10 I think when Oscar a prime fast Oscar threw flurries jabs and right hands and missed every single one of them... Go look at Heeb sig or somebody post it. And, that was a past prime Whitaker, yes he made a prime Oscar look silly at times.

And, if you got Hatton in the HOF, then surely you should have Gatti, Corrales, Castillo, Chicanito, and Mosley in the HOF. Surely Gatti, Corrales, and Castillo have the same chance of getting in that Cotto does. Plus you add oscar, and JMM that means Floyd Mayweather beat 7 HOF'ers. Which would put him one up Pac in that department.

So what does that little stat tell you?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
          You failed to understand what this man has done. Forget beating Marg, I had him beating Marg anyway but not the way he did. He punished Marg and beat a bigger stronger man like it was nothing.

He beat up on Cotto, he beat JMM twice (even though I had it draw and a win for JMM) his resume speaks for it'self.

Pac is an ATG and I'm sorry but Leonard, Chavez, DLH, Whitaker...none of them have accomplished what Pac has in the sport.

It's time to stop the hatred, put aside the biased and give props where they are due.

maybe Finito Lopez can be compared but the other's on your list just don't match up.
          I gave manny his credit. But genetically he has been able to do what other couldn't and he deserves the accolades to a degree. But I can't punish Lopez or Hagler because they didn't have the genetics to move up in weight. Manny is not better fighters then them but he has done something they didn't.

A skilled boxer like JMM, who is not where near SRL, floyd, or sweet pea, arguably beat manny twice. In the ring Manny has some slight flaws that can be exposed when the opponent boxes well (Morales another example).

Again, a 5-1 underdog was the bigger and stronger man. BUT HE WASNT THE BETTER MAN! Just because I don't agree doesn't mean I'm hating on manny.

Question, if you feel like this now then how did you feel after Shane beat tony,because, IMO Shane was more impressive?

Comment

Originally posted by borgata View Post
            end of thread....
            No, TS is talking about greatness, Big Dunce is talking about skills.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              Which round was it, round 2 and round 10 I think when Oscar a prime fast Oscar threw flurries jabs and right hands and missed every single one of them... Go look at Heeb sig or somebody post it. And, that was a past prime Whitaker, yes he made a prime Oscar look silly at times.

And, if you got Hatton in the HOF, then surely you should have Gatti, Corrales, Castillo, Chicanito, and Mosley in the HOF. Surely Gatti, Corrales, and Castillo have the same chance of getting in that Cotto does. Plus you add oscar, and JMM that means Floyd Mayweather beat 7 HOF'ers. Which would put him one up Pac in that department.

So what does that little stat tell you?
              it does'nt matter if he missed a lot or not, bottomline is pea did'nt do ****....pea was in his early 30 vs hoya btw....like i said roger made pea look silly as well, almost knocked him the **** out and this was vs a young pea too....hatton is defnitely better than gatti....it the hall of fame, none of those fighters you said aint comparable to hatton's fame imo, none!..but i agree corrales,jlc and mosely are better skilled!....

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                No, TS is talking about greatness, Big Dunce is talking about skills.
                Stop it. I gave manny his props. Its just disengenuous to act like Manny winning a fight where he was a 5-1 favorite is a measure of his all time greatness. I said he wasn't as good as floyd, sweet pea, leonard, hagler, duran, chavez, or ricardo lopez, but deserves props for doing something no man has or can. What more do you want me to type?

Comment

Originally posted by KirbyLovesTacos View Post
                  Yes, he's very very good. Awesome performances. The problem is he's fighting all these guys for money and to make him look good. Put Pacquiao in with Williams/Martinez/Mayweather/JMM again/ and you'll realize he isn't the same Pacquiao as you see before you in the last couple of years. Like I said, for the past few years now he's been given multiple gimmie fights where the objective is to make him look good.
                  Spot on bro!

Comment

Couldn't agree more with the TS.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
                      i've also been watching boxing since the 80's and never has a fighter had me so fixed to the tv before. i remember watching iron mike as a young kid and i used to stay up late with my dad to catch his fights and then be shattered for 2 days afterwards as i couldnt go to sleep after seeing him as i was so hyped up..

pacquiao is electric. exciting. entertaining. brilliant. he has everything going in his favour and i agree with you OP - he is the most exciting fighter i've ever watched before. nothing seems to faze the man. we are witnessing something special. i made my daughter watch the fight and told her she was witnessing history and to remember in years to come they would be talking about him when she was older and to say she watched a fight live on tv as i dont see another 1 like him coming for years, if ever .....
                      Shane stopped margarito and I haven't seen anyone here give shane props.

Everyone on mannys di** now I don't understand why.

Even a plastic boxing fan like yourself should know that margarito was slow,no footwork,no defense ,no head movement and his punches were feather like lol..so why should we give pacquiao props?

I also remember when it was first announced that he's gonna fight margarito even his fans were against it now everyone's making a big deal because he beat a damaged margarito.Roach knew and he was right when he mentioned his last two fights of margarito,roach is good at picking shot fighters he proved it many times and he also stated it openly,

Manny had more trouble when he was in lower weight divisions in every fight he had he sustained more beating than he's doing now that's a fact.He moved up to fight damaged fighters at catch weight and it's quite interesting to see that JMM gave him more beating in them two fights they had than manny has sustained in his last 4 or 5 fights he's had since moving up in weight

Comment

Working...
                      X