Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Fans: How do you explain Floyd constantly retiring to duck the best?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rbgnwo View Post
    First he retired before he fought Hatton.. I don't know the exact reason for this, but I'm guessing it was because he was ducking Winky Wright. Floyd gave him a bs 80-20 contract that nobody thought Wright would accept, but he did.. and when winky wright accepted the fight.. mayweather completely ignored him and announced his retirement after that.

O.k so he beat Hatton and retires again.. at the time that the welterweight division was blowing up.. Cotto, Margarito, Paul Williams etc etc.

O.k so no more Floyd right? Wrong. He comes back when all of the top welterweights have beaten each other up, and fights a bloated Marquez 3 DIVISIONS ABOVE HIS OWN.

Next, he fights a 39 year old Mosley who lost to all the best fighters that he's faced(wright, cotto, forrest) and who's best win against De La Hoya can't be counted because he was admittedly on PEDs..

And amidst all the OST negotiations, when Manny FINALLY accepts unlimited blood testing, and everything is looking good.. HE RETIRES AGAIN.

I'm sorry if you think i'm a *******, but I'm not. I'm an intelligent, adult male boxing fan who's trying to understand what the hell Floyd is doing, and all evidence leads to him being a *****.. I'm sorry, but that's the damn truth.

How do they explain it?

They can't, and won't.

Just like they can't and won't explain why Manny needs to take testing as required by the Mayweather commission.

Comment

Damn Mayweather-Wright would've been the most boring fight in history, glad Floyd ducked that and 'retired' temporarily. He also wanted a weight restriction on Winky:

Because Wright, who prefers to fight at 160, could probably put on as many as 15 pounds between the weigh-in (the day before) and the fight and enter the ring as high as 165-170, Mayweather's camp requested a morning-of-the-fight weigh-in. That included a stipulation that Wright couldn't go more than eight pounds above the limit.
      Winky had agreed to move down to 154 from 160 and to have a day of the fight catchweight... but Floyd mysteriously vanished again. Makes you wonder

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
        Damn Mayweather-Wright would've been the most boring fight in history, glad Floyd ducked that and 'retired' temporarily. He also wanted a weight restriction on Winky:

Winky had agreed to move down to 154 from 160 and to have a day of the fight catchweight... but Floyd mysteriously vanished again. Makes you wonder
        Imagine Manny requesting a "day of the fight catchweight"... Some dudes on here would be

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
          The haters are owned by Floyd , all they do is scour the fake writers to quote any trivial piece bit of rubbish they can find on him , children have always been attracted to fairytales and this forum is full of children .
          Fake writer = Fox sports, Sports illustrated, Yahoo, ESPN, ring magazine, cbs sports, L.A. Times, etc. etc etc...

*****s kill me. I don't know where they get the Idea that everyone thinks like they do which is very very different from what is going on right now. . Unbelievable denial. Where do you get your news, the source?
          Last edited by Alibata; 10-01-2010, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alibata View Post
            Fake writer = Fox sports, Sports illustrated, Yahoo, ESPN, ring magazine, cbs sports, L.A. Times, etc. etc etc...

*****s kill me. I don't know where they get the Idea that everyone thinks like they do which is very very different from what is going on right now. . Unbelievable denial. Where do you get your news, the source?
            They're in the minority.. there's a reason for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rbgnwo View Post
              First he retired before he fought Hatton.. I don't know the exact reason for this, but I'm guessing it was because he was ducking Winky Wright. Floyd gave him a bs 80-20 contract that nobody thought Wright would accept, but he did.. and when winky wright accepted the fight.. mayweather completely ignored him and announced his retirement after that.

O.k so he beat Hatton and retires again.. at the time that the welterweight division was blowing up.. Cotto, Margarito, Paul Williams etc etc.

O.k so no more Floyd right? Wrong. He comes back when all of the top welterweights have beaten each other up, and fights a bloated Marquez 3 DIVISIONS ABOVE HIS OWN.

Next, he fights a 39 year old Mosley who lost to all the best fighters that he's faced(wright, cotto, forrest) and who's best win against De La Hoya can't be counted because he was admittedly on PEDs..

And amidst all the OST negotiations, when Manny FINALLY accepts unlimited blood testing, and everything is looking good.. HE RETIRES AGAIN.

I'm sorry if you think i'm a *******, but I'm not. I'm an intelligent, adult male boxing fan who's trying to understand what the hell Floyd is doing, and all evidence leads to him being a *****.. I'm sorry, but that's the damn truth.
              It's such a regular thing in boxing right now that the sooner these guys leave the better off the sport will be.

It will give a chance for the spotlight to be put on guys that are willing to hold the sport down.

Comment

The Filipino firestorm was Floyd in high gear for the pen, vacation, the library.....anywhere but the ring

Comment

Floyd fans will say "Money wasn't right" but then again he also ducked Pacquiao. That point is invalid

Comment

There's no excuses, plain and simple, Floyd outrighted ducked Manny. Manny WILL beat him if they ever fight, Floyd's mind is so fukd over right now.

Comment

they kept on bringin the first negotiation. okay the first one was over and lets just say Manny ducked Floyd. but you all know Manny didnt duck him since they had to negotiate with team FLoyd. its just happened that it fails. why not having a second negotiation since Manny already agreed in everything Floyd wanted in the first negotiation? you *****s and haters cant say the 14 day cut off was off the table because u guys were the one saying there was no 2nd negotiation right? or why not Floyd RE NEGOTIATE if he really wanted to fight? isnt that what u call DUCKING? for not wanting to RE NEGOTIATE? i'd rather have him re negotiate and fail that ignoring the fight that boxing fans wanted to see.
                      Last edited by joelab75; 10-01-2010, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X