Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's the same for everyone, whether they are white, black, jewish or gentile. Every person must accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and place their faith in what He did on the cross for them to pay for their sins.

Please read this first post and pray that prayer at the bottom of it to God from your heart.

Comment

• Sigmund Freud

"A religion, even if it calls itself a religion of love, must be hard and unloving to those who do not belong to it."

"It would be very nice if there were a God who created the world and was a benevolent providence, and if there were a moral order in the universe and an after-life; but it is a very striking fact that all this is exactly as we are bound to wish it to be."

"The more the fruits of knowledge become accessible to men, the more widespread is the decline of religious belief."

"Religion is comparable to a childhood neurosis."

"The whole thing is so patently infantile, so foreign to reality, that to anyone with a friendly attitude to humanity it is painful to think that the great majority of mortals will never be able to rise above this view of life."

"The different religions have never overlooked the part played by the sense of guilt in civilization. What is more, they come forward with a claim...to save mankind from this sense of guilt, which they call sin."

"Religion is an attempt to get control over the sensory world, in which we are placed, by means of the wish-world which we have developed inside us as a result of biological and psychological necessities. [...] If one attempts to assign to religion its place in man's evolution, it seems not so much to be a lasting acquisition, as a parallel to the neurosis which the civilized individual must pass through on his way from childhood to maturity."

"Religion is an illusion and it derives its strength from the fact that it falls in with our instinctual desires."

"When a man is freed of religion, he has a better chance to live a normal and wholesome life."

"What progress we are making. In the Middle Ages they would have burned me. Now they are content with burning my books."

"Religion originate in the child's and young mankind's fears and need for help. It cannot be otherwise."

Comment

• Accept Islam for your salvation.

Comment

• Nah, I'll pass.

Comment

• Don't say I didn't tell ya. Freud was full of it.

Comment

• Full of knowledge? I know.

Comment

• Nah, full of **** as he is obviously only referring to one religion in his eurocentric world!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
                  It's the same for everyone, whether they are white, black, jewish or gentile. Every person must accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and place their faith in what He did on the cross for them to pay for their sins.

Please read this first post and pray that prayer at the bottom of it to God from your heart.
                  What about those people who have never been exposed to the bible?
                  Like my mate Dave.
                  Or Mowgli in Jungle Book.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexis Vastine View Post
                    Nah, full of **** as he is obviously only referring to one religion in his eurocentric world!!!
                    Judaism? You know that Feud was Jewish right?

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                      Judaism? You know that Feud was Jewish right?
                      Yes, but he was living in a society dominated by Christianity and was clearly referring to that. Jews follow the old testament too, but this seems to be very much directed at christian fundamentalism which dominated europe:

"The different religions have never overlooked the part played by the sense of guilt in civilization. What is more, they come forward with a claim...to save mankind from this sense of guilt, which they call sin."

"What progress we are making. In the Middle Ages they would have burned me. Now they are content with burning my books."

Comment

Working...
                      X