Austin Trout: "If we want too we can push this litle dude around"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    Why?

He's a skilled young guy with a big size advantage, Cotto is not ****ing SRR he looked vulnerable against a shot to **** mayorga
    He has some skills but I'm not overly impressed by him. I don't think he's on Cotto's level. I don't think that size will be a factor either. I could be wrong we'll see.

Comment

IDK trout isn't the type of fighter to impose his size, I doubt he will....but lets be honest cotto is easy to punk....when he gets pressured he puts his track shoes on & goes into retreat mode...shane made him run late in the fight ,both margarito fights ,pacquiao even floyd made him run at times...so it's not impossible for trout the larger man to impose his will on cotto
      Last edited by J-Smooth; 10-02-2012, 04:52 PM.

Comment

He is speaking from a "FIGHTERS ASPECT"....NOT A FAN! So I can't expect him to speak like people on this forum and say "I DON'T HAVE A CHANCE AGAINST COTTO"

Your suppose to Doubt and Mock Trout and laugh at him and think that he has no chance, especially if you don't know him and you know Cotto, it is nothing wrong with that, his fight vs Cotto will be his chance to earn his respect and me personally I think he will, even if it end up being in a Losing Effort

Comment

it's not the size of the dog in the fight. it's the size of the fight in the dog! War Cotto!

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            It would be a mistake for Trout to go in there and try to bully Cotto because that is not what Trout is good at. Trout needs to do his thing to win, he has good size but he is much better from the outside so he has to exploit that making Cotto have to work hard to get into range.

Just going in there to bully Cotto around is missing the boat because it will allow Cotto to work when Trout's goal should be to minimize Cotto opportunities.
            That's sounds like a good battle plan for Trout. He is good at long range fighting. Cotto is best at close to midrange with fast hard combinations. Trout may be a strong guy but I doubt he pushes Cotto around. Cotto is one of the strongest boxers and I have never seen him pushed around by anyone. He picks fighters up like they were feathers.

Comment

Man can't wait! Is it still on regular showtime or is it now PPV?

Comment

It Trout can minimize getting hit and can absorb punishment well he might be able to try to impose his size. If he fights on his back foot I seen Cotto chop down that style so it might not work for him

Comment

Originally posted by $ j-210 $ View Post
                  IDK trout isn't the type of fighter to impose his size, I doubt he will....but lets be honest cotto is easy to punk....when he gets pressured he puts his track shoes on & goes into retreat mode...shane made him run late in the fight ,both margarito fights ,pacquiao even floyd made him run at times...so it's not impossible for trout the larger man to impose his will on cotto
                  Those guys can really hit. Even Floyd will stand his ground and bang.

Don't know that Trout is built like that.

Comment

I'm pulling for Cotto, to keep Canelo vs Cotto alive still, but Trout has a very real chance at winning.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      I'm pulling for Cotto, to keep Canelo vs Cotto alive still, but Trout has a very real chance at winning.
                      I with you with this

Comment

Working...
                      X