Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do the Compubox scorers listen to the live feed of the fight???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do the Compubox scorers listen to the live feed of the fight???

Anyone who has legit knowledge of the workings of these guys can you enlighten us. I know there are like 2 or more people in the compubox system with the responsibilty of counting the punches landed and thrown separating jabs power punches etc.

Compubox is owned and operated by one guy, the guy in the foreground :

He doesn't have headphones on so he doesn't listen to the commentators.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
      Compubox is owned and operated by one guy, the guy in the foreground :

He doesn't have headphones on so he doesn't listen to the commentators.
      Yup I thought so cause thatll be awfully hard counting those punches and listening to lampley et al. I brought this up cause I can understand Lederman getting swayed by his co-commentators on the scoring but the compubox people are totally unbiased.

Comment

It would be impossible for 1 guy to see all the punches that land. What i don't understand is why they don't go back over the fight to correct errors that are guaranteed to be there and then release the numbers instead of using the ones they took during the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
          It would be impossible for 1 guy to see all the punches that land. What i don't understand is why they don't go back over the fight to correct errors that are guaranteed to be there and then release the numbers instead of using the ones they took during the fight.
          That's dumb. It's like judges changing the scores after they handed theirs after each round.

Comment

Originally posted by Republica View Post
            That's dumb. It's like judges changing the scores after they handed theirs after each round.
            How is that dumb? Compubox doesn't decide a winner and they could still have them during a fight but be corrected and officially released after. Stats should be accurate should they not?

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
              They should have 3 guys pushing buttons at the same time and have the program do the average between the 3 feeds for each round.

Comment

I understood it was four guys 2 guys for each fighter 1 counts thrown and the other landed

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
                  I understood it was four guys 2 guys for each fighter 1 counts thrown and the other landed
                  Unless they got a guy for each fighter counting thrown/landed on all four sides of the ring they are going to miss punches.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compubox
                    the system is a disgrace. 2 guys, one guy for each fighter. and they push 4 different buttons. u kidding me?

Comment

Working...
                    X