Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Franklin/Le and Guida/Maynard fights announced..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franklin/Le and Guida/Maynard fights announced..

The UFC made two big fight announcements a short time ago. First, Clay Guida and Gray Maynard will fight at the UFC on FX event on June 22nd, in a five-round main event lightweight battle.

Then on July 7th at UFC 148, former Middleweight champion Rich Franklin fights San Shou phenom Cung Le.

Franklin has not fought in over a year, when he lost a decision to Forrest Griffin at UFC 126. Franklin was scheduled to fight Little Nog at UFC 133, but Nogueira had to drop out with injury. Then Franklin suffered a shoulder injury so severe he required surgery, in October.

This will be Franklin's first fight at Middleweight since beating Travis Luttler at UFC 83 way back in April of 2008.

Cung Le is coming off a loss in his UFC debut on November 19th, 2011 vs. Wanderlei Silva at UFC 139.

UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz and Urijah Faber are also expected to fight at UFC 148, although the fight has not been officially announced.
    TheUnderground

I must say it is nice and informative share good to know that

Comment

Maynard can absolutely rape guida impressively if he wanted too. Guida stands no chance.

Franklin vs le is more of a toss up. I could see either knocking out the other. ill go franklin since hes bigger.

Comment

Lol Franklin is going to smash Cung Le.

Comment

Originally posted by -2 Scrappy- View Post
          Maynard can absolutely rape guida impressively if he wanted too. Guida stands no chance.

Franklin vs le is more of a toss up. I could see either knocking out the other. ill go franklin since hes bigger.
          Why do people think Maynard is so good? Because he almost koed Edgar and lost in the later rounds twice? You realize he's never finished a fight right?

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
            good fights....

franklin beats cung le IMO via Strikes..

dont know why everyone thinks maynard is gonna walk over guida that guy was pretty resilient against henderson wrestling wise was decent when he fought him i was impressed, Guida can out wrestle maynard if it goes to the ground...however dont know who wins this fight

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
              Lol Franklin is going to smash Cung Le.
              You think so? Le might be getting up there in age but still has skills I like him to win.

Comment

Originally posted by dough401 View Post
                You think so? Le might be getting up there in age but still has skills I like him to win.
                If the non-fat version shoes up, it's possible.

This fight would have been awesome a year ago. Now, not so much.

I hope they put on a good show though but a injured + long layoff + weight cut Franklin vs an older, out of shape Le?

Comment

Originally posted by dough401 View Post
                  Le hasn't really looked strong since his first few wins in Strikeforce.

He looked better against Smith in the 2nd fight, but that's no accomplishment.

Then you take his fight against Wanderlei. If anyone's open to being KO'd, at this point it's Wanderlei. I think that fight showed Le's lack of power. He stunned Wandy, but that was about it.

Considering that Le's not a big Middleweight or wrestler, in order to be successful in the UFC, he has to have power to keep the other guys off him. If he doesn't have that, he's no better than Sexyama.

Franklin's still a strong fighter at this point in his career. He still has KO power and he's a better fighter on the ground than Le. All arrows are pointing to Franklin smashing this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                    Why do people think Maynard is so good? Because he almost koed Edgar and lost in the later rounds twice? You realize he's never finished a fight right?
                    What? Thats not true he has a 5 second ko on his record. Don't be blinded by your hatred for his fighting style. Since when does finishing determine how good somebody is? Guida never finishes either maynard could finish the caliber of guys Guida has since the only finishes Guida has are scrubs. Tell me how Guida wins this fight? He can't outwrestle or outstrike him. Maynard has good hands as seen in a close fight with diaz, ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED Jim miller and gave Edgar hell on the feet. While guida always is getting outstruck and lnping too.

Comment

Working...
                    X