No announcement yet.

Biggest quits in boxing history...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest quits in boxing history...

I have Cotto-Mayorga on showtime ondemand right now and just saw the quit again. And there has been no x-rays or nothing to prove that broken hand from what I've heard so far. Which brings me to my question.

What are some of the biggest quits in boxing without there being a knockdown right before it?

Biggest quit has to be Duran's famous 'no mas' against Leonard.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      Biggest quit has to be Duran's famous 'no mas' against Leonard.
      Agreed, thats the Daddy.

Victor Ortiz was Knocked down vs Maidana but his quit was still pretty shameful

And of course there is quiting without quiting like fighters lying they cant see with a lil cut and so on

A lot of Cotto's earlier fights ended with the poor guy in the other corner just saying **** this and quiting after taking a tanking

Comment

Duran/Leonard has too be the biggest as mentioned

The way Ortiz quit against Maidana and the fact that he just admitted he quit afterwards was pretty shocking

Im sure Cotto fans were pretty shocked when their boy got on his nees for margarito too

Comment

As expected Leonard-Duran has been mentioned. But yeah, that's the most unbelivable 'No mas' ever probably.

Liston quitting on his stool in Liston-Ali 1 was pretty huge too.

Comment

I've heard people say his corner stopped it as well as accounts of him quitting, unsure.

Alexander vs Bradley of more recent times.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
              Duran/Leonard has too be the biggest as mentioned

The way Ortiz quit against Maidana and the fact that he just admitted he quit afterwards was pretty shocking

Im sure Cotto fans were pretty shocked when their boy got on his nees for margarito too
              Cotto didnt quit his body did, he took a helluva lot of punishment and u could feel his last burst of punches was him completely emptying the tank. He did his fans proud. Where as Ortiz for example appeared still in the fight and had energy in him left.

Tszyu not coming out for the last against Hatton was surprising

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                As expected Leonard-Duran has been mentioned. But yeah, that's the most unbelivable 'No mas' ever probably.

Liston quitting on his stool in Liston-Ali 1 was pretty huge too.
                Does anone believe Sonny was lit in his withdrawl or was it a case of he knew he was in with a better man and couldnt win?

Comment

Oliver Mccall crying in his corner comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                    Cotto didnt quit his body did, he took a helluva lot of punishment and u could feel his last burst of punches was him completely emptying the tank. He did his fans proud. Where as Ortiz for example appeared still in the fight and had energy in him left.

Tszyu not coming out for the last against Hatton was surprising
                    I was shocked too see Cotto take a knee too be honest,probably because i didnt expect Margarito too break him down like he did

Ortiz flat out quit and it was sad too see,and saying he doesnt want too get beaten up i was like wtf! your in the wrong sport then buddy

I think Tsyzu realized he wasnt going too get a decision that night,also realized he didnt have a sledgehammer in which too stop Hatton with and probably decided his old body had had enough punishment for one night,i was slightly surprised too though as it was only one round,but 3 minutes can be a long time in a boxing ring when things arent going your way

Comment

Working...
                    X