Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is boxing popular in your circle of friends...?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My best mate only knows the big names.. like mayweather and stuff.
    My dad only knows the big names lol...
    other than that, only you guys

Comment

excat same as TS, the beauty of the internet

Comment

Originally posted by Killa Killa View Post
        I was just wondering if any of you had friends in your circle that followed boxing closely...

Obviously the majority of us are on this forum are avid boxing fans...

But, outside of this forum I don't know anyone who follows boxing the way I do...from the standpoint that I watch any fight that I can...

The majority of my friends and co-workers don't keep up with boxing at all and only watch fights with say Pacquiao or Mayweather...and even in that they don't know anything about their past fights... other than a year ago...Hype is the main reason they watch it anyway...

They can tell you stuff about every sport except boxing...

Now I'm sure there are plenty of other boxing fans, but I rarely meet a guy or girl who keeps up with fighters without the big name..

If I asked one of my friends what they though of, say Paul Williams they would be lost

A forum is the only place for me to have a legitimate boxing conversation...

Is that the case with you...?
        FUk no it's rare....hardly no one give a **** bout fights.....the only time it even makes waves is the mega fights....DLH, Pac, etc....I wish they would though.....poosey's!

Comment

Out of all my friends, id say only 2 of them follow boxing but even they are not fanatics.

All the other lads i know watch it when the Hattons, Haye's and Clazaghe's had/have big fights but thats about it. They didnt know who Pacquiao and Mayweather were until the faced Hatton (although now for some reason, they will tell you that they've know about them for years and have always followed there career.)

Its pretty understandable as football (soccer) is eaisest the most popular sport here and its the favorite sport for me and my mates. But when i tell them that by only watching British fighters ect, that they are missing out on great recent fights like Vasquez - Marquez and Cotto - Margarito ect, there not interested. If i was to ask them if they knew people like Williams, Valero, JUan Diaz they wouldnt have a clue who i was talking about...to be honest they wouldnt know who i was talking about if i mentioned some English boxers, like Carl Froch or Kevin Mitchell.

I seem to have more mates who follow UFC....god knows why!

Comment

There's a flip at work him and I are always talking bout boxing, we were discussing the PBF and SSM fight and a dude passing by said " O yea I heard about that Mosely's fighting Roy Jones isn't he?"

Comment

my friends are like most friends: they know jack **** outside the ppv superstars. i've never met anyone that follow it as much as i do.

Comment

Originally posted by BOXING 24/7 View Post
                There's a flip at work him and I are always talking bout boxing, we were discussing the PBF and SSM fight and a dude passing by said " O yea I heard about that Mosely's fighting Roy Jones isn't he?"
                damn dude, that **** makes me cringe.

Comment

Some of my close friends are *******s.

Comment

all my friends are into mma, (as i am as well) they really dont care about boxing...............

Comment

No.. Just no.

Comment

Working...
                      X