Shane Mosley's prime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Subtraction View Post
    Exactly man.

The Oscar fight was his prime. After that, it was all downhill. He got exposed against Forrest and was never the same.

If you watch everyone of his fights after that you see just how much he labored in every fight.

Watch the Estrada, Cruz, Mayorga, Wright, Cotto, Mora, Mayweather, Collazo fights.

He wins some of those but looks awful doing it and the ones he loses are embarrassingly bad.

He is one of the most overrated one dimensional brawlers of all time. He gets a lot of respect mostly cuz' he's a nice likeable guy.
    he looked great against collazo

and he gave miguel a very tough fight when miguel was undefeated

he's been more competative than oscar was later in his career

Comment

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
      his best performance was against Oscar

he jumped from lightweight to fight the champion at 147
      He had 2 fights at 147 before DLH.

Rivera was the only WW bout he didn't look all that great in until Forrest. Many people say he was better at 135, but he looked great at 147 too until Forrest, a tough style matchup and also a much better fighter than anyone Shane faced at 135. I say his prime was 97/98 to 02.
      Last edited by Thread Stealer; 12-24-2010, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Comment

shane mosleys prime was round 2 of the mayweather fight and ended in round 3 of the mayweather fight

Comment

Originally posted by Tomislav III View Post
            I hear a lot about Shane Mosley's "prime"

I have to ask. When was this "prime"? When he was beating B level fighters at one of the worst lightweight divisions in boxing history and being fully overrated for his accomplishments against the formidable Philip Holidays of the scene? When he was taking EPO and steroids in the early 2000's to beat Oscar De La Hoya and fellow steroid user Fernando Vargas?

I guess that everyone has a prime, but I wonder exactly how good Mosley ever really was and what he's ever really done legitimately to deserve the respect he's gotten. He fights everyone, sure, but when he fought everyone was he fighting them because he knew he had the special pills and shots to beat them? He certainly wasn't fighting everyone at lightweight, not that there were many to fight.

Mosley's best performance was against Margarito. That was his last hurrah, and who knows, he may have been using EPO then too considering how poor his stamina looks now in comparison.
            was there a point to this topic other than to disrespect shane mosley?

Comment

Mosley's career doesn't mean ****, he was caught cheating, all cheaters careers are wiped in my opinion.

Comment

De La Hoya-Mosley 1 is certainly prime Mosley, that was his apex how you want to break his prime down around that fight is debatable, I would consider him prime through the Forrest fights because while he got whooped bad in the first one he came back decently in the second one while he still certainly lost he made the fight a lot more competitive against a very tough match-up for him.

Once he went to 154 he was really pushing it, while he did alright there and after when he came back down he was never the same guy after those Forrest fights.

Comment

Mosely is a HOF'er.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by craigus1990 View Post
                    Mosley's career doesn't mean ****, he was caught cheating, all cheaters careers are wiped in my opinion.
                    Thank you for being a fair fan in giving boxers their even treatment and not singling people out. Not many of you around here. Props!

Comment

In his prime, one of the best I've ever seen.

Comment

Working...
                      X