No announcement yet.

Mike Jones: Warrior or Idiot?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Jones: Warrior or Idiot?

1st off we have Bailey who might be the best pure puncher in the sport requesting the 8oz gloves and Jones says fine because he doesnt want any excuses. I dont think anyone would do that when they know that Baily's only chance is by KO.

Saying yes to 8oz could show that he's a true warrior but at the same time, saying NO wouldnt have meant that youre a punk. Its not like Jones wanted 12oz. 10oz is what everyone uses so thats fine. You didnt have to prove anything by using 8 when everyone uses 10.

Then fast forward to late in the fight. He gets dropped. Very hard shot & he hit his head on the canvas but he got up like a true Champ. I remember saying immediatly that he's lucky its the end of the fight and Baily doesnt have the skill to get to him. All Jones has to do is stay away which I know he will do and box the last couple of rounds to an easy victory.

Instead he comes out pressing the action. Like a true warrior he is trying to close the show. It was a boring if not unspectacular fight but Jones didnt wanna go out like a punk. Bailey had no chance unless Jones came to him. He couldve closed it on in a boring way an ran but he pressed the fight to show the boxing public he's foreal, to show the fans in the building some action, and to close the show instead of just coasting to a win.

Ofcourse he played right into Bailey's hands of trying to chase a puncher around the ring. Walked right into a massive upercut with just less than 4min left in the fight that wouldve put him on path for a big name next. IDK weather to call him a warrior or an idiot but I lean more towards idiot........lol

Idiot. He agreed to use smaller gloves but barely threw any punches. He fought like a dude who wanted the 10 Oz gloves.

Comment

He allowed one of the most boring fights Inmemory have a good KO ending

That's KO punch wasnt suppose to happen

Comment

That first knockdown was amazing he went flying

Comment

Idiot. He stays outside and boxes he keeps his 0.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            He allowed one of the most boring fights Inmemory have a good KO ending

That's KO punch wasnt suppose to happen
            whenever ur fighting Randall Bailey, that KO punch is suppose to happen.

If ur an unrefined puncher with horrible footwork and lateral movement like Mike Jones is, that KO punch is suppose to happen even more.

Comment

this wasn't Meldrick Taylor vs. Chavez.

Mike Jones fought the best fight he could, and, given his skill set, he did what he was suppose to. He,by no means went in there to prove he was a warrior or make it a brawl. he stayed on the outside and out worked Randall Bailey. It was a snooze fest, but that was the only way he was gonna win.

I agree that 8 oz. gloves were a bad idea, but honestly, i don't think 10 oz.gloves would've made a difference against Bailey. It just is what it is.

Comment

8oz or 10oz I don't feel it would of made the outcome any different!

Comment

Jones has a weak chin and Bailey's power is overrated.

I remember when Cotto fought Bailey at 140 and he had this stigma of getting hurt easily. Well, Cotto walked through every right hand Bailey landed as if he were fighting with headgear, he wasn't even stunned once.

Comment

Originally posted by cotto#1p4p View Post
                    Jones has a weak chin and Bailey's power is overrated.

I remember when Cotto fought Bailey at 140 and he had this stigma of getting hurt easily. Well, Cotto walked through every right hand Bailey landed as if he were fighting with headgear, he wasn't even stunned once.
                    Bailey's power is nowhere near overrated.

and Cotto, despite being tagged on this board as a weak chinned fighter, is nowhere near one either. Cotto has walked through shots that would've layed plenty of other fighters out in most of his fights. Whenever someone has gotten Cotto out of there, it has been in flurries and volume. You're comparing them against one of the top p4p guys in the sport.

Bailey has huge power, even at 37.

Comment

Working...
                    X