Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets say freddie roach does have floyd's number

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He doesn't =/ he only has good gameplans for flawed or overmatched fighters.

When the opponent skill level reaches a certain height, then he has no answers. That's always been the case with all his fighters, and he's had the best talent to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by ChangoHater View Post
      bad example Floyd won via Split Dec vs Oscar
      Oscar had a hell of alot more advantages than Manny will over Floyd

Comment

1. That shouldn't have been a SD.

2. That's not the only fighter Freddie has trained to face Floyd.

Personally, I don't think it matters. Freddie has done a nice job with Manny but his overall body of work is a tad overstated.

Comment

floyd always adjusts enough to win .....he is to versatile

Comment

lets also remember oscar didnt have to starve himself to fight floyd where he was weight drained when he fought pac...
            oscar had not been 147 for years b4 he fought pac...

Comment

Good example Floyd spanked Oscar..

Freddie had 3 chances to come up with a game plan to beat Marquez and failed. You guys really think he has a game plan to beat someone who has no blueprint on how to be beaten?

Comment

when you think about a master and how he strategically create a gameplan to outfox someone they usually have to come from a depth of knowledge. Mayweather sr. fought the likes of Sugar Ray Leonard. Was in an Era or fighters like duran, Hagler, Hitman. This is what he has imprinted into Floyd. Watching a fight an an elite level and being in a fight at an elite level are two different things. Roach has only watched fights at an elite level. that's why when things get crazy and a fighter is adjusting to his gameplan he has little to offer. "you gotta get him out of there" is pretty much "i dunno, keep doing what your doing i guess"

We will see May 5th. can't WAIT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
                  when you think about a master and how he strategically create a gameplan to outfox someone they usually have to come from a depth of knowledge. Mayweather sr. fought the likes of Sugar Ray Leonard. Was in an Era or fighters like duran, Hagler, Hitman. This is what he has imprinted into Floyd. Watching a fight an an elite level and being in a fight at an elite level are two different things. Roach has only watched fights at an elite level. that's why when things get crazy and a fighter is adjusting to his gameplan he has little to offer. "you gotta get him out of there" is pretty much "i dunno, keep doing what your doing i guess"

We will see May 5th. can't WAIT!!!
                  Here's the thing, Roach was trained by and tought how to train by Eddie Futch. Don't think for a second he didn't gain a depth of knowledge.

Comment

manny has been in the ring with great ATG like marquez , barerra , and morales !!!!! and thanks to freddys game plan he has beaten them all !!!! i dont think freedies gameplan and expertise should be called into question !!!! i just came home from training with a few old timers and they think it is roger and floyds gameplan that would need to be questioned , because they are not battle tested against ATG fighers like pac and freddy are !!!!! the closest to they came too is the likes of brusseles , baldomire and zab judah !!!!!! think of it like this one baskettball player plays aginst jv players and in undefeated , and you put him in a game against someone that played against division 1 competetion that lost 2 times and has been in wars the others !!!!! who do you think will be more prepared if they were to go head to head !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

For **** sake *****s. Howcome you all know how to play the hypothetical scenario game when it comes to any other fighter??? Y'all came up with some crazy hypothetical **** that was never gonna happen to build up ortiz and y'all played along with in depth analysis but when it comes to pac all of a sudden you can only deal in absolutes??? "freddie roach cant, wont, doesnt have the perfect gameplan" contributes absolutely nothing to a hypothetical thread intended to actually give props to floyd by highlighting his a ability to adjust on the fly.

Comment

Working...
                      X