Prime Holyfeild vs. Current Wlad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime Holyfeild vs. Current Wlad

who takes it......

Style wise this is a terrible matchup for Evander. Wlad is like a more powerful Riddick Bowe. I think Holyfield would take Vitali though

Comment

A prime Holyfield would beat any version of Wlad,he would bring too much heat and get inside more often than not ripping him with wicked combinations,Holy at his best was on another level too the guys around today

Comment

A prime Holifield had much faster feet and hands. I think he would have too much heart to lose to Wlad. Sooner or later he would test Klitschko's heart, endurance, and chin.

Comment

evander would get on the inside with relentless pressure

Comment

How is Holyfield getting inside? Outside of the old Larry Holmes Holyfield always had a lot of trouble getting inside on big heavyweights and I would argue none of those big guys has the one hit KO power Wlad does. I think he can beat Vitali who is far more willing to engage and has a lot less power

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
              How is Holyfield getting inside? Outside of the old Larry Holmes Holyfield always had a lot of trouble getting inside on big heavyweights and I would argue none of those big guys has the one hit KO power Wlad does.
              Foreman?

Wlad has faced nobody as good as a prime holyfield,he is faster and generally better in EVERY way than any of wlads opponents

Comment

Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
                Foreman?

Wlad has faced nobody as good as a prime holyfield,he is faster and generally better in EVERY way than any of wlads opponents

That is great but it doesn't mean he would beat Wlad. Fights are about styles not resumes. Wlad has the style that always gave holyfield trouble and has one hit KO power to boot.

Also Chris Byrd is just as fast as Holyfield

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                  Style wise this is a terrible matchup for Evander. Wlad is like a more powerful Riddick Bowe. I think Holyfield would take Vitali though
                  A key element to Bowes victory was his excellence on the inside - a distance which Holy loved to fight at and the logical key to victory against a big man (its usually assumed they would lack on the inside) like Bowe, however due to Bowes effectiveness there, he didn't have the obvious advantage making Bowe an extremely difficult style match-up for him. Wlad has shown nothing on the inside, and that would be were Holy would be most effective, sure it would be pretty difficult to actually get there, but someone the calibre of Holy can get passed that jab and put some damage down. I think Holy would win a pretty hard fought but clear decision say 8-4, 9-3 type fight maybe a late stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                    A key element to Bowes victory was his excellence on the inside - a distance which Holy loved to fight at and the logical key to victory against a big man (its usually assumed they would lack on the inside) like Bowe, however due to Bowes effectiveness there, he didn't have the obvious advantage making Bowe an extremely difficult style match-up for him. Wlad has shown nothing on the inside, and that would be were Holy would be most effective, sure it would be pretty difficult to actually get there, but someone the calibre of Holy can get passed that jab and put some damage down. I think Holy would win a pretty hard fought but clear decision say 8-4, 9-3 type fight maybe a late stoppage.

i think Bowe's effectiveness on the inside was due to Holyfield having to take risk just to get in. Bowe baited him..

Comment

Working...
                    X