Feds Seize KickassTorrents Domains, Arrest Owner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
      Well, stealing is stealing and all are equal before the law.
      It's not stealing though..

Anyway, it's a shame but no big deal, there's still plenty of torrent sites out there to use, including TPB.

Comment

Goodluck to the brother legally over this bs. And in the meantime everyone who was using that site can use one of the hundreds of alternatives.

The entertainment industry needs to get a f#cking clue and be introduced to the year 2016 as Bringer brought up in his excellent post.

Comment

Originally posted by Mc,Lovin View Post
          Laws don't really exist tho
          Indeed they do. Copyright infringement means the owner (of whatever copied and shared) has a legal right to sue the infringer for violating the terms of their copyright. Reproducing (including file sharing) without the authorization of the copyright holder potentially violates US copyright laws.

http://www.copyright.gov/title17/

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Goodluck to the brother legally over this bs. And in the meantime everyone who was using that site can use one of the hundreds of alternatives.

The entertainment industry needs to get a f#cking clue and be introduced to the year 2016 as Bringer brought up in his excellent post.
            Proxybay is pretty good

Comment

Looks like Pirate Bay is down too.

No biggie with that though, they've gone to shit over the last 2 years.

Comment

I still miss Yify. Their quality wasn't great at all really but they always used good sources rather than some Korean version with hardsubs and scenes missing. The site was nice for browsing too, something other film torrent sites were missing.

Comment

i used to be a napster, limewire, morpheus wizz.

i'd fill my PCs with fights, music, movies that really didn't fit on my hard drive, and eventually viruses!

then the comps would die a slow death, or just go so slow that it made me feel like i was gonna die!

now i buy albums for my phone from the itunes store like a beta cuck. i will say this; it feels pretty good to support artists that haven't "made it" yet. i listen to the rest [most] of my music by finding full albums on youtube.

david bowie's grandkids don't need my 9.99 doe

Comment

If the kickass torrent guy gets convictd it would be one of the tragedies of our time

I can't even describe how much torrents have changed and affected my life.

I've been torrenting pretty much since high school, for almost a decade now. I've used it for all of my digital needs. When I needed to complete projects for school and microsoft word, microsoft power point microsoft excel, autocad, powerpoint, adobe pdf viewer, etc weren't an option because the ****ers charge 300- 1000 dollars for software, torrents saved my ass.

I've downloaded books, comics, movies, documentaries, articles, tv shows, games music that I otherwise never could have gotten or would have gotten because I would have needed to empty my bank account, funds that I've needed for more essential things.

As a result of all that culture and information and perspective that i've compiled, i've become a wiser, more refined, more knowledgable, more experienced person with a broader view of the world, humanity, reality and art.

This man that provided millions with so much shouldn't have his life destroyed, to me he's a ****ing hero. What crime did he commit, how is copying media theft? The technology exists and anyone can copy a video or a song.The real criminals are the ones that are nickel and diming the world and limiting our growth as a species by denying us all this knowledge and information that should be ours.
                    Last edited by DARKSEID; 07-21-2016, 09:35 AM.

Comment

btw extratorrents.com is still up, that's the next largest site up right now

Comment

Working...
                      X