No announcement yet.

"Real" Boxing Fans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
    If they land more punches by doing that technique they win the round though.
    Then you are scoring the clean punches landed and ring generalship probably.

I mean don't get me wrong its important and you are better with than without it but without the offense, defense = doing nothing and I don't see what exactly you would be scoring.

Just look at Floyd he is a defensive master but he is winning fights because of clean accurate punching not because of his movement and shoulder rolls.

Does that play a part in him winning? yes because he is preventing the opponent from landing and as a result you just have nothing to score for the opponent so it more of a measure to prevent an opponent from scoring not really something you score with yourself

Comment

when you dont agree with someones opinion...you're not a real Boxing fan. Well that's how it is around here. I can care less if anyone on here is a boxing fan or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        Then you are scoring the clean punches landed and ring generalship probably.

I mean don't get me wrong its important and you are better with than without it but without the offense, defense = doing nothing and I don't see what exactly you would be scoring.

Just look at Floyd he is a defensive master but he is winning fights because of clean accurate punching not because of his movement and shoulder rolls.

Does that play a part in him winning? yes because he is preventing the opponent from landing and as a result you just have nothing to score for the opponent so it more of a measure to prevent an opponent from scoring not really something you score with yourself
        I agree with this 100%. I was just playing Devils Advocate.

Comment

If you criticise guys like Mayweather or any other top fighter, calling them runner lol, ***** or coward over the net without ever lacing up the gloves yourself, then to me you are not a real boxing fan, or a real man.

If you just love one fighter (Manny Pacquiao in most cases) then you are true Pac-fan, maybe even a true boxing fan but if you don't fight yourself, or haven't in the past then your opinion holds less weight. Same goes for Larry Merchant, Brian Kenny even Bert Sugar.

BTW I've never boxed a round in a real fight in my life. I play soccer but have been into boxing more and more as a spectator over the years now, but there are dudes on this forum who could no doubt educate me on the sweet science and who actually box. Most seem to be nuthuggers though.

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
            I feel where hes coming from though. All day some of these people, like the TS who started this ****ing topic, literally everyday go into a thread that involves something to do with mayweather, like his press conference or a topic and find some way to trash him. Its redundant. The idea of SAMURAI being some kind of barometer for a "real boxing fan" is why IMDAZED said what he said.

This whole board, these topics, its just a circus, i used to enjoy fight buildups on this board because a fighter would get hot and it would go away. But im gonna ****ing say it and i dont give a ****, pac fans outnumber everyone, and they literally spend more time talking about floyd than anyone else in the history of this board.

If its not articles, its examiner blogs, if its not that its biased bull****, if its not that its rehashed garbage. YOu see the same avatars, the same screenames and the same people. Its tiring, and i hate to say it, but im just sick of this place and its regime of idiocy. All day the same people doing the same people. And they get away with it because there are enough dumbasses who agree with them to legitimize their endless stream of hate.

"oh mayweather made fun of a girl who fainted!" "filipino journalists couldnt interview floyd"

this trash is all over the place and its pathetic. This board has never been more classless.
            Thank you. This thread is appalling because the TS stands for the very problem he's speaking to. Everyone has a favorite fighter or two and whether we agree or not, it probably affects our view of him. Hey, the like of one fighter is probably what led most of us to become fans of the sport. But it seems some haven't reached that stage yet and need a fighter to latch on to or they can't seem to enjoy the sport, it seems. And what you get is the real problem - when your like for one fighter leads you to incessantly bash another. That's how terms like *****s and *******s are invented. And that's where the nonsense begins. Enough already.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Thank you. This thread is appalling because the TS stands for the very problem he's speaking to. Everyone has a favorite fighter or two and whether we agree or not, it probably affects our view of him. Hey, the like of one fighter is probably what led most of us to become fans of the sport. But it seems some haven't reached that stage yet and need a fighter to latch on to or they can't seem to enjoy the sport, it seems. And what you get is the real problem - when your like for one fighter leads you to incessantly bash another. That's how terms like *****s and *******s are invented. And that's where the nonsense begins. Enough already.

Who you like tomorrow night? Alexander or Urango?

Comment

Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post
                Who you like tomorrow night? Alexander or Urango?
                Two careers headed in opposite directions. Alexander UD12

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyHurley View Post
                  If you criticise guys like Mayweather or any other top fighter, calling them runner lol, ***** or coward over the net without ever lacing up the gloves yourself, then to me you are not a real boxing fan, or a real man.

If you just love one fighter (Manny Pacquiao in most cases) then you are true Pac-fan, maybe even a true boxing fan but if you don't fight yourself, or haven't in the past then your opinion holds less weight. Same goes for Larry Merchant, Brian Kenny even Bert Sugar.

BTW I've never boxed a round in a real fight in my life. I play soccer but have been into boxing more and more as a spectator over the years now, but there are dudes on this forum who could no doubt educate me on the sweet science and who actually box. Most seem to be nuthuggers though.
                  well, as boxing fans who pays to watch fights, I don't think it's wrong to criticise boxers for not giving me my money's worth. just my $49.99.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                    well, as boxing fans who pays to watch fights, I don't think it's wrong to criticise boxers for not giving me my money's worth. just my $49.99.

i bought a pair of Nikes for $100 a few months ago...the soles are coming off and there's a tear on the side...i'd love to criticize Nike and say that the shoes suck balls but i cant....i dont know how to make shoes myself so i'm in no position to criticize

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
                      i bought a pair of Nikes for $100 a few months ago...the soles are coming off and there's a tear on the side...i'd love to criticize Nike and say that the shoes suck balls but i cant....i dont know how to make shoes myself so i'm in no position to criticize
                      this guy doesnt know jack about boxing

Comment

Working...
                      X