No announcement yet.

Eraserheads vs Rivermaya

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Eraserheads vs Rivermaya

two of my favorite ATG bands...the best kind of music for inuman and tambayan but i gotta ask:

which band is greater? please vote and discuss
    Eraserheads
    86.11%
    Rivermaya
    13.89%

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
    two of my favorite ATG bands...the best kind of music for inuman and tambayan but i gotta ask:

which band is greater? please vote and discuss
    The Eraserheads will always be better. Rico Blanco's Rivermaya may have longevity, but that's about it.

Ely Buendia's wordplay and songwriting reaches deeper into Pinoy culture IMO, and makes Rico Blanco's songwriting a bit safe and generic.

The Eraserheads also had the most impact, even Rivermaya was formed as a response to the OPM boom in the 90's to capitalize on the 'heads success.

My girl prefers Rico Blanco's lovesongs over Ely's though. Mas personal ata kasi dating.

Comment

Originally posted by Akinapepemo View Post
      The Eraserheads will always be better. Rico Blanco's Rivermaya may have longevity, but that's about it.

Ely Buendia's wordplay and songwriting reaches deeper into Pinoy culture IMO, and makes Rico Blanco's songwriting a bit safe and generic.

The Eraserheads also had the most impact, even Rivermaya was formed as a response to the OPM boom in the 90's to capitalize on the 'heads success.

My girl prefers Rico Blanco's lovesongs over Ely's though. Mas personal ata kasi dating.

excellent points...i was drinking with my pinoy buds last night and Rivermaya was playing for hours and then we switched to Eraserheads...they're both great bands but i agree with you...especially with the E-heads lyrics

Comment

eraserheads vs rivermaya, lol not even close it's like comparing pacquiao to jimrex jaca. also bambo's old rivermaya was better than now.

Comment

Did you see footage of the two reunion concerts? The atmosphere was electric. Mak, i've never seen much love for a pinoy band before. It was worth the money too.

Are you familiar with the post-eraserheads, post-rivermaya work of their former songwriters? Rico Blanco's songwriting has pretty much sustained its quality, and even got a bit edgier, while Ely Buendia's got edgier too, and paid less attention to being pop. IMO, I think Ely really got tired of the Eraserheads sound and is trying to distance himself from his pop-rock past. Some don't like the new sound, but i still buy the albums.

Comment

Originally posted by Witch_King View Post
            eraserheads vs rivermaya, lol not even close it's like comparing pacquiao to jimrex jaca. also bambo's old rivermaya was better than now.

c'mon now dude...no need to get all offended...it's an honest topic...rivermaya's got some great songs too

Comment

Did you see footage of the two reunion concerts? The atmosphere was electric. Mak, i've never seen much love for a pinoy band before. It was worth the money too.

Are you familiar with the post-eraserheads, post-rivermaya work of their former songwriters? Rico Blanco's songwriting has pretty much sustained its quality, and even got a bit edgier, while Ely Buendia's got edgier too, and paid less attention to being pop. IMO, I think Ely really got tired of the Eraserheads sound and is trying to distance himself from his pop-rock past. Some don't like the new sound, but i still buy the albums.

ndi pa...may link sa youtube?

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
                ndi pa...may link sa youtube?
                Hmm, last time i checked youtube, the vids were chopped per song. I think may torrents pa nung concert DVD.

Sample:

Dami tao

@WitchKing

Sobra naman na Pacquiao-Jaca, mas bagay ata Pac-Boom Boom, haha

Comment

Hmm, last time i checked youtube, the vids were chopped per song. I think may torrents pa nung concert DVD.

Sample:

Dami tao

@WitchKing

Sobra naman na Pacquiao-Jaca, mas bagay ata Pac-Boom Boom, haha

good **** pare...imma check this out

Comment

still existing pa ba ang mga yan??

Comment

Working...
                    X