No announcement yet.

sick of doctors....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sick of doctors....

Sorry...I just don't trust them. If it's just a doctor you see once or twice a year but you have relevant history you have to remind the doctor becuase god forbid doctors actually look through your chart to be up to speed before seeing you. I have to see all the doctors at my OB/GYN office. Each time, I won't see the same doctor for consecutive visits so I have to bring the current doctor up to speed. It a pain in the arse!

Any way...so I've had a few complications during this pregnancy. I've just had my 9th ultrasound (something like that) and have yet another one scheduled for next week. They say they are concerned and just want to keep an eye on this or that but will never just say what the hell their concern is! grrrr! Like, they'll say your "blah blah blah was high or abnormal" in some technical/medical terms and I am like well, wtf does that mean exactly? what is the possible implication for me or the baby. then it's like they just want to keep me calm by saying...well, don't worry about anything, we're just going to keep an eye on this or that. This does not help at all. Now I am more worried than ever. I can take it, just explain it to me and I'll deal with it. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Just to clarify there is definitely something wrong, they have said so they gave me some technical term for the couple of things that the ultrasound showed. When i asked for them to tell me what these things mean and what could happen as a result of these things, they beat around the bush and didn't tell me.
    Instead, they just ordered MORE tests and said we'll monitor it.
    Last edited by * FeistyWench *; 08-17-2006, 02:21 PM.

Originally posted by * Feisty Wench
    Sorry...I just don't trust them. If it's just a doctor you see once or twice a year but you have relevant history you have to remind the doctor becuase god forbid doctors actually look through your chart to be up to speed before seeing you. I have to see all the doctors at my OB/GYN office. Each time, I won't see the same doctor for consecutive visits so I have to bring the current doctor up to speed. It a pain in the arse!

Any way...so I've had a few complications during this pregnancy. I've just had my 9th ultrasound (something like that) and have yet another one scheduled for next week. They say they are concerned and just want to keep an eye on this or that but will never just say what the hell their concern is! grrrr! Like, they'll say your "blah blah blah was high or abnormal" in some technical/medical terms and I am like well, wtf does that mean exactly? what is the possible implication for me or the baby. then it's like they just want to keep me calm by saying...well, don't worry about anything, we're just going to keep an eye on this or that. This does not help at all. Now I am more worried than ever. I can take it, just explain it to me and I'll deal with it. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Not to mention that I have to have all these damn tests. I have these long ass lists of things I have to do for Monday's and Wednesday's appointment so the tests will be accurate.
    Wow, you are so naive. They just want to make as many tests, procedures, etc. as possible, to get as much money off your insurance.
    In this way dostors are just as bad as lawyers.

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber
      Wow, you are so naive. They just want to make as many tests, procedures, etc. as possible, to get as much money off your insurance.
      In this way dostors are just as bad as lawyers.
      I think many doctors are quick to test you for stuff. I know my general practioner (regular doctor) likes to run tests any time I have any sort of complaint (concern). I really don't care about that aspect since I am not the one paying. This is different though. I know something is wrong with the pregnancy so I don't have a problem with the testing. My problem is with trying to get an answer from these people!

Comment

Originally posted by * Feisty Wench

Not to mention that I have to have all these damn tests. I have these long ass lists of things I have to do for Monday's and Wednesday's appointment so the tests will be accurate.

you should really insist on them explaining everything -- always triple check everything -- it won't hurt to ask; if some doctor gets annoyed, that's his/her problem -- they get paid extremely well to do their job

Comment

Originally posted by Nautilus
          you should really insist on them explaining everything -- always triple check everything -- it won't hurt to ask; if some doctor gets annoyed, that's his/her problem -- they get paid extremely well to do their job
          thats right

I have had a condition for 11 years I have been going to Great ormand street hospital for about 7 years. This is ment to be one of the best. The doctors know **** all. I had a broken part of my hip on an x-ray, and I didnt know until 2 years later when my mum found out. I love my mum, she is AMAZING. Without her Id be nowhere. She does SOOO much research into my condition its incredible. She actually does know more about my condition then they do. They havent made a diagnosis in 11 years! Well they have.. but they change their minds. My mum knows more than all of them.
          My mum finds amazing stuff out on the internet. The doctors are saying about how ( I have a bone condition ) It should be ok because Im going through puberty or whatever, or adolescence, that it should be ok because my bones will be getting stronger. This turns out to be probabhly wrong according to an article my mum found. Seriously I have the same problem, my mum has to explain my condition to new doctors etc. My mum could be trusted way more with treating me. Apparently a doctor would have to read 19 articles a day to keep up to date. I should Imagine my mums the most up to date, or near.

Comment

conspiracy ppl. dont u love them

Comment

LOL these doctors are saving lives every week and u dont trust them

LOL

Comment

How often have you been to doctors

Comment

Originally posted by Nautilus

Nautilus has it right. Don't take any **** from 'em, Fiesty.

This is you and your baby and that's what they're getting that stupidly fat paycheck for.....make 'em break it down.

PS....I ain't too fond of Doctor's myself, so I know where you're comin' from.

Comment

Originally posted by El Temible
                    LOL these doctors are saving lives every week and u dont trust them

LOL
                    luckily i am intelligent and do know how to question my doctors. i do trust them, i just get pissed off when they won't bother to tell me wtf is going on.

i didn't say this in my earlier post, but you are ignorant if you trust all doctors and just assume they know what they are talking about. i was really sick at one time and none of the doctors could agree on what the problem was. i usually am one to be a pain in the butt. if i have something even remotely serious, i always get a second opinion. i have been misdiagnosed and thus received incorrect treatment way too often. doctor's DO make mistakes.

however, i DO trust that my current group of doctors know their **** otherwise i would not still be with them.

Comment

Working...
                    X