No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr (130-135lbs) vs Adrien Broner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweather Jr (130-135lbs) vs Adrien Broner

Adrien broner claims he is doing things now dat Floyd Mayweather wasnt doing bak when he was at lightweight! I think floyd back then iz still more talented and a better fighter than Broner iz! Floyd iz smarter and more careful fighter now but he had way better blazing lateral movement top and bottom bak then! Broner couldnt touch floyd back in his Goldenboy dayz!
    Last edited by sicklelee; 03-03-2013, 01:38 AM.

broner now is more explosive than floyd ever was...

Comment

Floyd kills him at any weight

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
        broner now is more explosive than floyd ever was...
        Adrien broner style iz just a copycat of the present day floyd!

Comment

Floyd murks him. Broner will be eating right hands left hooks all day. Broner will be punching air.

Comment

Floyd in one of the most gratifying one-sided massacres boxing has ever seen.

Comment

In my opinion they fight nothing alike.

They both use the shoulder-roll,but that's about it.

Floyd at 130-135 was by far the more well rounded of the two, he could move, give angles, box, stay in the pocket. He had speed, stamina, technique, reflexes. A complete fighter with decent power.

Broner doesn't box as much or as well as Floyd, doesn't move as much. He has good hand speed, good technique and better power than Floyd. While Floyd's trademark punch is his straight right, Broner seems to love his uppercut.

I like Broner, but I don't see him being a counter puncher and defensive wizard. His defense is solid, but nothing like Floyd, he also likes to go toe to toe and walk his opponents down, something I don't remember Floyd doing often.

As somebody said in an old thread, if one really wants to find resemblances, Broner fights more like an old Floyd at 154 (Vs Cotto, for instance).

Comment

Floyd by KO in about 6-8 Rounds. Floyd at 135 Was unbelievable defensively and still had REAL power. Broner gets hit too much and probably wouldnt be able to catch Floyd very much

Comment

Originally posted by sicklelee View Post
                  Adrien broner claims he is doing things now dat Floyd Mayweather wasnt doing bak when he was at lightweight! I think floyd back then iz still more talented and a better fighter than Broner iz! Floyd iz smarter and more careful fighter now but he had way better blazing lateral movement top and bottom bak then! Broner couldnt touch floyd back in his Goldenboy dayz!
                  Floyd was definitely better, I think. Broner is more offensive and much more entertaining inside the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Bomber View Post
                    In my opinion they fight nothing alike.

They both use the shoulder-roll,but that's about it.

Floyd at 130-135 was by far the more well rounded of the two, he could move, give angles, box, stay in the pocket. He had speed, stamina, technique, reflexes. A complete fighter with decent power.

Broner doesn't box as much or as well as Floyd, doesn't move as much. He has good hand speed, good technique and better power than Floyd. While Floyd's trademark punch is his straight right, Broner seems to love his uppercut.

I like Broner, but I don't see him being a counter puncher and defensive wizard. His defense is solid, but nothing like Floyd, he also likes to go toe to toe and walk his opponents down, something I don't remember Floyd doing often.

As somebody said in an old thread, if one really wants to find resemblances, Broner fights more like an old Floyd at 154 (Vs Cotto, for instance).
                    Great post. That's how I see it as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X