Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vargas vs Trinidad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great fight, if only there wasnt no low blows from trinidad...........

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      Vargas went out like a warrior.

Trinidad was a great fighter, but the intentional low blows piss me off in that fight. Not to mention dude was discovered to have been stacking his wraps; Cheato TriniWraps I've heard the young lads call him.
      Vargas was a true warrior and got alot of respect in that loss. Low blows are part of boxing, Vargas did his share of illegal moves in that fight as well. It wasnt like Trinidad was pulling a Golata on Vargas. And as far as the wraps..that was only illegal in NYS. If the fight would of taken place anywhere else there would be no mention of the way he was wrapping his gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
        Vargas was a true warrior and got alot of respect in that loss. Low blows are part of boxing, Vargas did his share of illegal moves in that fight as well. It wasnt like Trinidad was pulling a Golata on Vargas. And as far as the wraps..that was only illegal in NYS. If the fight would of taken place anywhere else there would be no mention of the way he was wrapping his gloves.
        Agreed. And it really takes away from a splendid fight. The low blows are being overblown--it was a war. Geez, you guys probably discount a bunch of Duran bouts too.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          Agreed. And it really takes away from a splendid fight. The low blows are being overblown--it was a war. Geez, you guys probably discount a bunch of Duran bouts too.
          Exactly..like I said earlier your allowed a couple..some guys head butt, others elbow, grab, rabbit punch, push heads down, low blows etc..Its a boxing match and you need to do what you have to do within the rules to win.

Comment

Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
            Exactly..like I said earlier your allowed a couple..some guys head butt, others elbow, grab, rabbit punch, push heads down, low blows etc..Its a boxing match and you need to do what you have to do within the rules to win.
            Yep. Trinidad took some borderline shots as well. In fact the first low blow warning came in round two and was aimed at Vargas. Both fought really well and I think that war took something from both fighters but moreso Vargas, who had his jaw altered that night.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
              LMAO at the first gif where Vargas chooses to trade lefthooks..
              He wasn't trying to trade he was trying to counter Tito's right that he had just slipped and never saw the hook coming behind it.

Comment

Elbows, rabbit punches, head butts are all cheap, and illegal, but the difference between them, and low blows is that, low blows completely zap you of your energy, and you don't ever recover from those.

It alters a fight considerably more than the other forms of cheating.

Comment

Working...
                X