No announcement yet.

Is Fritz Sdunek an all time great trainer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Fritz Sdunek an all time great trainer

What are your opinions of Fritz Sdunek? What are his philosophies? How important do you think his training was to the success of Dariusz Michalczewski and others.

Not to me. He gets the best talent in Germany, to pick and choose from, of course he's gonna have some good fighters. They all look like robots, though, with ****ty high guards and no movement. I hate watching his fighters, they make boxing a drag. The only German worth watching is Felix Sturm. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's not trained by Sdunek, is he?

Comment

Originally posted by PunchDrunk
      Not to me. He gets the best talent in Germany, to pick and choose from, of course he's gonna have some good fighters. They all look like robots, though, with ****ty high guards and no movement. I hate watching his fighters, they make boxing a drag. The only German worth watching is Felix Sturm. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's not trained by Sdunek, is he?
      Michalczewski's style was in no way robotic.

Comment

Fritz Sdunek
        Date of Birth - 18 April 1947
        Place of Birth - Lüssow Germany
        Residence - Hamburg / Nationality - German

Fritz Sdunek is respectfully referred to as "Father of all trainers" by journalists and fellow trainers. To this high reputation Sdunek has come for a simple reason: Being the most successful German pro trainer of all times he counts among the best of his profession world-wide.

Sdunek worked as chief trainer for the German amateur club Bayer Leverkusen and there made acquaintance of Dariusz Michalczewski who later was to become a record-breaking world champion. In 1991, Sdunek made Michalczewski European champion of the amateurs.

In 1996 Sdunek and WBO World Champion Dariusz Michalczewski teamed up again. At that time, Michalczewski had been going through an all-time low after a controversial fight against Graciano Rocchigiani.

Amateur career 1963 - 1972 - 129 fights, 99 wins
        Since March 1994 chief coach for Universum Box-Promotion

Comment

http://www.tigergym.pl/

Comment

no................no

Comment

Originally posted by McKay
              Michalczewski's style was in no way robotic.

He wasn't exactly a Prince Naseem impersonation was he? :P His style was **** to me. But hey, you're entitled to your opinion...

Comment

Originally posted by IRONTIGER
                Fritz Sdunek
                Fritz Sdunek is respectfully referred to as "Father of all trainers" by journalists and fellow trainers. To this high reputation Sdunek has come for a simple reason: Being the most successful German pro trainer of all times he counts among the best of his profession world-wide.
                What "fellow trainers" call him that? Manny Stewart? Buddy McGirt? Angelo Dundee? Pfffff...

Comment

Originally posted by PunchDrunk
                  He wasn't exactly a Prince Naseem impersonation was he? :P His style was **** to me. But hey, you're entitled to your opinion...
                  Who would want to fight like that ****** prince Nasseem. In my opinion that guys style was ****. That might be why his career is **** compared to Michalczewski. Was Naseem Ever Ring Magazine champ in any weight class? Answer NO/ I hated that ****er. And Michalczewski is also a way more exciting fighter than Naseem. Naseem was a boring little twat.
                  Last edited by The Troll; 06-15-2005, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by McKay
                    Who would want to fight like that ****** prince Nasseem. In my opinion that guys style was ****. That might be why his career is **** compared to Michalczewski. Was Naseem Ever Ring Magazine champ in any weight class? Answer NO/ I hated that ****er. And Michalczewski is also a way more exciting fighter than Naseem. Naseem was a boring little twat.
                    I wasn't talking up Naseem. At all. I was just comparing Dariusz' boring style to someone more flamboyant.
                    My guess is you're German or Polish? Or just out of your mind to think Michalczewski was that exciting.

Comment

Working...
                    X