No announcement yet.

Arum: Margarito will drop WBO title to avoid Williams

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cotto#1p4p View Post
    Margarito would be beaten by most welterweights including Quintana. He's slow and has no defense, I can't understand what all the hype is about Margarito.

When you lose and get rocked by Daniel "F#$%ing" Santos you're not that good. After he looked awful against Santos I knew Margarito was ****.
    Yeah just like all the people that were calling Cotto a hype job and protected fighter for being in a life and death situation with Corley and Torres..........Now everyone jumped on the bandwagaon because he tko'ed a fighter that never really even proved himself....... You can't base someone on one ****en fight. I'm gonna be laughing at you guys when Margarito looks impressive knocking Cotto out.

Comment

Originally posted by HendrixLove View Post
      Yeah just like all the people that were calling Cotto a hype job and protected fighter for being in a life and death situation with Corley and Torres..........Now everyone jumped on the bandwagaon because he tko'ed a fighter that never really even proved himself....... You can't base someone on one ****en fight. I'm gonna be laughing at you guys when Margarito looks impressive knocking Cotto out.
      yeah that is funny

Comment

Originally posted by Black Jesus View Post
        If floyd would have fought margarito he would still get ripped for not fighting the WW champ in baldomir. Brian Kenny rips floyd all the time along with other writers because he wasnt ring champion at 140, if he would have fought marg, who had no real championship, he would be ripped for the same thing, especially if he pitched a shutout. He was ripped for saying he was a champ at 147 by gettin the worthless IBF belt, which is somewhat justified, so he took the real championship instead.

Personally, id rather pitch a shutout against the linear champ at 147 than do it to some WBO paper champ who won his belt through an eliminator. Floyd loses either way, but against baldomir, hes ripped, but is still the linear champ.
        I had more of an issue with a fight being agreed to with Cory Spinks, and then they turned around and cut the Baldomir deal at the last second.

Comment

Margarito is horrible and a coward. That's really all there is to say about him.

Comment

Originally posted by versatile2k6 View Post
            why do u assume he would destroy me just cause he's a ****in pro. we have pros at our gym that get schooled by girls. lets not over hype the"im a super hero cause im a pro"just cause im no pro doesnt mean i cant k.o his ass pros r still vulnerable to being knocked the **** out with 1 hit like eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevery1 else.. u get it?
            Get serious.
            If floyd would have fought margarito he would still get ripped for not fighting the WW champ in baldomir.
            Ba-****ing-loney. Although it must be said that fighting Baldomir is an ok thing to do given he was the champ.

But stop digging.

Comment

Its simple there are 2 options for people here.

A) PBF is a ***** that ducked Margarito and Margarito is a ***** for ducking Williams

OR

B) They are 2 buisnessmen who are fighting for the best risk/reward fights they can.

You can't have it both ways by calling PBF a ***** and not Margarito. I personally think there using sound buisness judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by SiN View Post
                There's an interview with Bob Arum over on Box1ngtalk.com stating that Margarito will most likely drop his WBO title to fight Cotto in June at MSG. Regarding the mandatory that's due against Williams, Arums says "I'm not going to risk a massive promotion in Madison Square Garden over it."

After all this talk about Margarito being the most ducked fighter, looks like he's the one doing the ducking. With 7 months to go before June, you don't think Margarito would have time for an interim fight against his mandatory?
                I always thought that Bob Arum was about 99% full of **** & 100% *******, but if Margarito willingly drops his title just to avoid Willliams that's some ***** ass ****, regardless of who's idea it was.

Edit; I understand the financial benefit for Margarito but I also think that Williams has earned the chance to fight for the title, not the vacant title, Margarito(& Arum) need to lay off that the whole "Most Feared Man In Boxing" BULL**** after this decision.
                Last edited by AllEyesOpen; 12-05-2006, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Id rather watch Cotto spank Margarito than watch Margarito vs Williams but after all the "everybodys ducking me" **** He's getting exsposed as the 1 who's ducking! Cotto should have to wait and fight the winner of the fight, its Arums fault!

Comment

thruthfully Arum dont have many superstars right now and if he loses Margarito he just could hold on on Cotto.

Arum have taken care of his fighter for his own benefit. it part of business

Comment

Originally posted by Double View Post
                      If this is indeed true, every single Margarito nuthugger needs to come in here and apologize for all the "Floyd is ducking Margarito" rants we've heard for the last year. In the post fight interview Marg did seem a little reluctant to fight Williams. If he pulls a Bowe move he should never speak Floyd's name again.
                      your a dumb ass, floyd didnt fight these guys because of a "Possible" fight with dela.At the time it was very uncertained. If Margarito drops the fight with williams its because he signed the cotto fight.
                      if he doesnt sign a cotto fight be sure he WILL fight williams.Ive never seen Margarito scared in the ring or outside. More than I can say than #1 Clown for Clown.
                      In the interview he said he would fight williams, he didnt get all political and ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X