Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be credited for who Floyd Jr is today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who should be credited for who Floyd Jr is today?

I constantly see Floyd Jr discrediting his father and not giving him any credit for who Floyd jr has become today. Its my understanding that it was his father who trained him from a child, all the way up till he won his first title with his win over Genaro Hernandez.

All I ask is, could Roger have done the same? Roger seems to have had the easy job of just keeping Floyd sharp during his training sessions after Floyd Jr already had the fundamentals and foundation laid down for him by his father.

The real credit in my opinion goes to Floyd sr and Floyd jr for keeping himself disciplined throughout the years.
    Floyd Sr
    58.82%
    Roger.
    41.18%

The poll is expired.

Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny MF Powers View Post
      Floyd Mayweather Jr.
      Question. Would Floyd jr be who he is today had his father not instilled boxing into him at such an early age?

Comment

i think roger is underestimated

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
          Question. Would Floyd jr be who he is today had his father not instilled boxing into him at such an early age?
          I think it would be naive to downplay or discredit what Floyd Sr has done. It would be tough to say who has been more beneficial though. I think both have played very important roles. One made a champion, the other molded a legacy of greatness. Its hard to get one without the other.

Comment

I think both Roger and Floyd Sr both deserve alot of credit for Mayweather Jr's success.

Comment

In my opinion Roger deseves most of the credit because he has been there preparing for fight nights and through those fights.

Senior has taken on fighters that dump him and move on up so I believe Roger is the better trainer, BUT thats avoiding the question. Senior played a part in instilling the foundation for the full Floyd.

But the real Floyd that fights in the ring? Those choices that make him a 41-0 fighter are down to Floyd Junior and not to anyone else, that kid could have just quit boxing when his dad went to prison.

Luckily he had a champ like Roger for an uncle who cared enough to step into Senior's shoes but if he didn't WANT to fight and win. He'd be a bum.

Comment

Floyd Sr. Never trained him up to his world title. Floyd Sr was in prison then. What are you talking about? Roger Mayweather has been training Floyd since the amateurs. Floyd Sr only trained Floyd for one fight and it was a tune up.

Roger and Floyd himself made what he is today. Floyd Sr was out trafficking drugs and using his son as a shield. Did he get his son into boxing? Yes, and that's all he pretty much did.

Comment

Both deserve credit, everytime i see Jr i see Mayweather snr fighting style instill in him, But i do think Sr is an egomaniac who likes to take the limelight/credit away from his fighters, You cant do that to boxers of this era, am sure boxers of yesteryears wouldnt might their trainers taking all the credit.

Comment

he gave his father credit early in the ep. his father should think him for allowing him to be apart of his life again. His father should be happy jr. listens to him. earlier in the ep he called jr to the ropes and gave him some advice. jr nodded.
                    Don't see the bad and forget the good. SMH

Comment

Working...
                    X