NSB PICK EM #89 TO #92 27th AND 28th NOVEMBER 2020

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
    told you lol
    Haha, not only you were completely right... Indongo is also completely shot. More fool me, I threw 30 points out of the window (I had Yeleussinov KO mid in my original pick).

I should have followed my logic, and not Koba's pre-fight narrative!

Oh, well, at least I got 30 from Jacobs winning by decision...

Comment

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
      Time Stamp for Jacobs vs Rosado!
      Hopefully they give us a great fight.
      Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..............

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
        Haha, not only you were completely right... Indongo is also completely shot. More fool me, I threw 30 points out of the window (I had Yeleussinov KO mid in my original pick).

I should have followed my logic, and not Koba's pre-fight narrative!

Oh, well, at least I got 30 from Jacobs winning by decision...
        Ha ha... you don't want to listen to me, man, I hype more than fast car Eddie!

FWIW I actually thought Daniyar would win, but the observation was more than if you ain't genuinely got good skill Indongo can be dangerous.

Got this theory with some of these African dudes with unorthodox self taught styles (like Indongo or Manyuchi) and techniques is that they're dangerous precisely because they're doing things their opponents ain't prepared for just cos there is no rulebook... which makes 'em a pretty good acid test. Dudes without genuine boxing IQ with struggle with that kinda awkward technique, get thrown off by it, but the real talents and technicians will adapt and take advantage of the sloppy technique facing them irrespective if they're facing something they ain't used to.

Course, these unorthodox dudes usually get worked out after a few fights anyway, once trainers have seen what they bring and can devise the right kinda game plan... it's why often guys like Indongo and Manyuchi rarely have more than 2 or 3 good wins, that element of surprise is lost pretty quickly once you get in the public eye.
        Last edited by Citizen Koba; 11-28-2020, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
          Ha ha... you don't want to listen to me, man, I hype more than fast car Eddie!

FWIW I actually thought Daniyar would win, but the observation was more than if you ain't genuinely got good skill Indongo can be dangerous.

Got this theory with some of these African dudes with unorthodox self taught styles (like Indongo or Manyuchi) and techniques is that they're dangerous precisely because they're doing things their opponents ain't prepared for just cos there is no rulebook... which makes 'em a pretty good acid test. Dudes without genuine boxing IQ with struggle with that kinda awkward technique, get thrown off by it, but the real talents and technicians will adapt and take advantage of the sloppy technique facing them irrespective if they're facing something they ain't used to.

Course, these unorthodox dudes usually get worked out after a few fights anyway, once trainers have seen what they bring and can devise the right kinda game plan... it's why often guys like Indongo and Manyuchi rarely have more than 2 or 3 good wins, that element of surprise is lost pretty quickly once you get in the public eye.
          Well, it's all true, but a factor was missing from the general equation: as I posted above in response to Asgarth, Indongo is now officially a beyond shot fighter... and, most likely, I (as well as many others) just overrated him after the Troyanovsky and Burns wins.

Hell, he lasted a grand total of SEVEN rounds against Crawford, Prograis and Yeleussinov...

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
            Well, it's all true, but a factor was missing from the general equation: as I posted above in response to Asgarth, Indongo is now officially a beyond shot fighter... and, most likely, I (as well as many others) just overrated him after the Troyanovsky and Burns wins.

Hell, he lasted a grand total of SEVEN rounds against Crawford, Prograis and Yeleussinov...
            Yeah I think Asgarth did have the right of it both with how shot Indongo is and also that the higher division would take away some of his advantages. I thought Daniyar would figure him out but I also thought it'd take longer and he'd get caught mnore (and he did get caught a coupla times).

Thing was Julius was never a good fighter - his technique was always godawful - but in weird way that was also why he had his success, he got some real force on those long flails and had OK timing and regular opponents just didn't know what the hell to do with him.

Comment

Koolkc107, Dubois, KO, MID

Comment

ShoulderRoll:

Dubois, KO, LATE, 3X
                Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 11-28-2020, 04:52 PM.

Comment

DDD vs JJ coming up... Ding ding!

Comment

Man I wanted to change to Joyce KO late instead of mid but I won $1080 from like $72 so I am already ecstatic.
                    Last edited by YoungManRumble; 11-28-2020, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      Mathed

Yeleussinov, KO/TKO, LATE
                      Jacobs, DEC, WIDE
                      Joyce, KO/TKO, MID, X2
                      Missed my mid prediction by 1 round.

Comment

Working...
                      X