Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Pressure on Joshua To KO Pulev - They Will Trade Punches

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"He had to box that way against Ruiz Jr. because there was no room for error..."

Wow, did Eddie just say that out loud?

Comment

Gotta love how Joshua's fans love to talk about level of competition, and meanwhile wilder and fury are facing each other for a 2nd time while Joshua is about to face a near 39 yr old that's Klitchko's left overs from 6 yrs ago.

Comment

I think that Pulev is overmatched here but not by so much that a KO is a matter of course. At the end of the day you take the stoppage if it presents itself but the win comes first.

Comment

yeah sure. joshua isnt trading punches with anyone. the heavyweight amir khan cant take a shot. and until he knocks out the man who knocked him out he soft to me.

Comment

Originally posted by LDBC Slayer View Post
            You say Usyk wouldn't be exciting then mention preferring Luis Ortiz.

Did you not see how terrible he looked in the wilder rematch? He was tottering about with zero pop on his shots and Wilder was never once threatened. Then boom dropped dead with a single shot.

I don't really ever want to see that old man fight again, he's washed
            The **** does Usyk got to do with pop?

Comment

This fight will show if AJ has recovered from the Ruiz defeat. If he dances around the whole fight - we will know he hasn't. He should be going in there with a plan to KO Pulev

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                Gotta love how Joshua's fans love to talk about level of competition, and meanwhile wilder and fury are facing each other for a 2nd time while Joshua is about to face a near 39 yr old that's Klitchko's left overs from 6 yrs ago.
                Pulev is another top 10 opponent for Joshua. In *five* years time - Joshua will be at the same point Wilder and Fury are in their careers now.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
                  Pulev is another top 10 opponent for Joshua. In *five* years time - Joshua will be at the same point Wilder and Fury are in their careers now.
                  What top 10 list is he on?

Ring Magazine - No
                  Espn - No

Gtfo. Making up crap.

Comment

I know this will be an unpopular opinion..... but I think Pulev is a good boxer and will be ready for Joshua...... tough fight for any one, hopefully Joshua wins and we can move on

Comment

Originally posted by Ant1979 View Post
                      Pulev's guard is way too open for hooks. Granted AJ is more comfortable firing straight shots, but so was Klitschko.

And you're not telling me they've not studied that fight where a usually cautious 'jab and grab' Klitschko completely dominated him and blasted him out with aggressive hooks and Pulev was in his prime.
                      Pulev is better on defense (but more boring) than he was 6 years ago. He has a good jab and his euro style will take up a lot of the ring space. It would be hard to run from him.
                      So Joshua will end up trading with him with. That should work in Joshua’s favor since Aj has faster hands by a little and Pulev is essentially one handed ( left ).
                      AJ may blast him out from there or it could be a competitive fight . Joshua fought Breazelle from there and looked great but Breazelle has much slower hands (more power )than Pulev.
                      It’s a nice little test. Is Joshua gun shy now? Can he take a punch ? Can he counter punch? Can he hold? I think 🤔 he can but we’ll see

Comment

Working...
                      X