• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lean On Me View Post
    You did not look at all.
    Mods, please delete this lying thread.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
      lol damn you destroyed yourself... How long ago was that quoted?

Now lets fast forward to 154 and a 3 fight KO winning streak.

Bottom line though, Cotto was shyt in 2006 when he watched Gatti take a beating by Floyd and Cotto is shyt now. Problem is, nobody from 140-154 beats Floyd...
      You ******s were crying that Cotto was shot after the Margarito fight, now that he's fighting Void he's the young hungry lion. LOL!

*****......................at 154 Martinez would tax voids ass, as long as he doesn't ask Martinez to come at 150 lbs.

Comment

Buddy, dont try to find any type of coherent behavior in floyds fans, its imposible (i think floyd pays them because a cannot believe some people and the things they said).

Btw dont go to the 07-08 posts, remember the rumor of Canelo, just the past week?,what they said, hungry lion, SMH.

Accept the fact that theyre imbeciles morons, who spins "facts" to fit in their agenda, and you be ok.

Comment

Here's one of the threads from 2008 TS is talking about.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=160018

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
            So you're saying Hatton, Gatti and Baldomir were all more proven at 147 than Cotto at the end of 2007 early 2008?

No where did I say that?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              No where did I say that?
              Oh ok.

The "not good enough" part in your post sounded like you were saying Cotto wasn't worthy to fight Mayweather early 08 before the Margarito fight.

Also, from what I remember, I don't recall Arum being the reason the Cotto - Mayweather fight didn't happen. I remember Mayweather saying "Cotto's not a household name and must build his fan base" in order for the fight to happen; nothing about Arum.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                Oh ok.

The "not good enough" part in your post sounded like you were saying Cotto wasn't worthy to fight Mayweather early 08 before the Margarito fight.

Also, from what I remember, I don't recall Arum being the reason the Cotto - Mayweather fight didn't happen. I remember Mayweather saying "Cotto's not a household name and must build his fan base" in order for the fight to happen; nothing about Arum.

I rate Cotto but he was and is not good enough to beat Mayweather, I was one of the people who wanted this fight instead of the Hatton fight, But we all know with Arum involve a fight with one of his fighters and Mayweather would never materialise, Whether Mayweather believe Cotto doesn't have a fan base or he isn't a pay per view material or lives in puerto rico is irrelevant, It's not a coincidence that once Cotto isn't with Arum anymore this fight got made..

Mayweather would have never fought De la Hoya under Arum, if you can't see the link in this then sorry, you can pull out a thousand quote from Mayweather about how Cotto doesn't deserve to fight him, for me it's just a way of him saying "This fight would never happen with Arum alive" and for me this fight been announced this week proves all I need to know.

Comment

'Stans'. I see this word a lot on here. A typo or an actual slang word?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    I rate Cotto but he was and is not good enough to beat Mayweather, I was one of the people who wanted this fight instead of the Hatton fight, But we all know with Arum involve a fight with one of his fighters and Mayweather would never materialise, Whether Mayweather believe Cotto doesn't have a fan base or he isn't a pay per view material or lives in puerto rico is irrelevant, It's not a coincidence that once Cotto isn't with Arum anymore this fight got made..

Mayweather would have never fought De la Hoya under Arum, if you can't see the link in this then sorry, you can pull out a thousand quote from Mayweather about how Cotto doesn't deserve to fight him, for me it's just a way of him saying "This fight would never happen with Arum alive" and for me this fight been announced this week proves all I need to know.
                    It's very easy to take these current times in 2012 and say Arum's the reason it didn't happen in 08.

But here's why I think Mayweather didn't fight Cotto more because of the danger of the fight itself than Arum is you had another fighter in Paul Williams who wasn't promoted by Arum but by Haymon.

Williams called Mayweather out plenty of times and those fight talks "never" took place.

Of course, some will say that Williams didn't have a fan base, but the point I'm making is Williams was an actual challenge at the time with the same promoter.

I think Mayweather's mentality at the time (early 2008), was fight for the most money with the least amount of threat; not because Bob Arum had the good fighters locked away under his label.

Comment

Working...
                    X