No announcement yet.

Teenage Bullrider trampled to death at rodeo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teenage Bullrider trampled to death at rodeo

LINK HERE Just saw the video on the news of him getting trampled but cant find it, he walked a lil ways and collapsed

Makwala Derickson-Hall (Right)

VALEMOUNT — An 18-year-old promising bull rider was trampled to death in a tragic accident in front of 200 spectators Friday.

RCMP said Makwala Derickson-Hall was seriously injured after being bucked off and trampled on the first day of the annual Valemount Rodeo around 8 p.m.

Derickson-Hall was rushed to a local hospital, but succumbed to his injuries, Cpl. Annie Linteau said. “I’ve never heard of anything like this happening before in B.C.,” Linteau said.

The teenager was a resident of Westbank-Oliver and an Okanagan First Nations Member.

“He was a very happy person and very well-spirited,” said Brandie Shalagan, who went to Mt. Boucherie Secondary School with Derickson-Hall.

He graduated this June from the West Kelowna school.

Messages of condolences poured in on a Facebook memorial page with 420 followers.

“You were one of a kind. RIP,” posted one mourner.

Another described him “as tough as nails.”

“I remember when he had 3 torn ligaments in his back and still came to football practice every day,” another friend wrote. “I guess they were right when they said the good die young.”

Most people remembered his wide smile and love for riding.

He was lauded by his riding association for qualifying for the “biggest rodeo in the world.”

He was set to compete in bullriding at the National High Schools Finals Rodeo event in Gillette, Wyoming on July 18, said Blair Bates, head of the Peachland Riding Club.

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/news/Teen...#ixzz0tOzDae3a

very tragic but

fuk with the bull and you'll get the horns

Comment

Originally posted by r ! z View Post
      very tragic but

fuk with the bull and you'll get the horns
      i have a cousin who was stepped on, he broke his neck and there is a bone in your neck that if its completely broken off you die instantly, he said that bone is 80 % broken. so he cant bull ride or play contact sports. Just baseball and non-contact hockey

He had a great future ahead of him too, he was ranked top 5 in canada at a young age. After the accident he got into his drugs pretty bad cuz he couldnt ride anymore. pretty sad

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla Dogs View Post
        i have a cousin who was stepped on, he broke his neck and there is a bone in your neck that if its completely broken off you die instantly, he said that bone is 80 % broken. so he cant bull ride or play contact sports. Just baseball and non-contact hockey

He had a great future ahead of him too, he was ranked top 5 in canada at a young age. After the accident he got into his drugs pretty bad cuz he couldnt ride anymore. pretty sad
        sad to hear man

your cousin was a pro bull rider?

Comment

Originally posted by r ! z View Post
          sad to hear man

your cousin was a pro bull rider?
          yep. he won a canadian title or whatever they're called. was gonna ride at the calgary stampede but for some reason he couldnt make it.

i cringe everytime i think about it. he coulde been BIG time right now making the big bucks. the dude was talented.

he drinks and does drugs quite a bit right now

Comment

his facebook. man he seemed like a nice dhude. RIP Makwala

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...9120462&v=wall

Comment

Sorry to hear about this

And sorry bout your cousin, dog.

Comment

Originally posted by .Rich Loc. View Post
                Sorry to hear about this

And sorry bout your cousin, dog.
                My cousin is iight. Just into drugs and ****.

But this dhude that died alot of my friends knew him

Comment

Unfortunate, kid seemed like a good dude, but you can't tame nature.

Comment

Originally posted by USA4LIFE View Post
                    Unfortunate, kid seemed like a good dude, but you can't tame nature.
                    Yea looks like a stand up kid just doin his thang.

Comment

Working...
                    X