No announcement yet.

UFC 152 does estimated 450k ppv buys..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TR vs. GB View Post
    the source is Dave Meltzer and his reported numbers are simply projections and many insiders including people like Kevin Iole find them to be inaccurate and inconsistent. He first reported that Lesnar/Overeem fight at first did 800k buys and then projected months later that the fight did 500k. Believe what u want but this source is incredibly sketchy to me and i dont take any of these figures to be correct.
    This is weird, I thought I was responding to the thread about Anderson Silva ducking Jon Jones the entire time.

I do know about these things, and am generally skeptical about Meltzer. I find the #s a little hard to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
      This is weird, I thought I was responding to the thread about Anderson Silva ducking Jon Jones the entire time.

I do know about these things, and am generally skeptical about Meltzer. I find the #s a little hard to believe.
      i used to believe them but have spoked to some insiders and they have said numbers that are reported to mma fans and what supposed sources put out there are really no where close what the real numbers is. Even with Boxing I really only trust when HBO reports them.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGEBOXINGFAN View Post
        tbh i dont believe that number at all

Schaefer questioned the legitimacy of UFC pay-per-view results that were leaked. He said HBO is a publicly traded company that would face serious repercussions for releasing false numbers. The UFC, he noted, is a private company with no such concerns.

“I think the UFC and boxing should be able to co-exist and work together in this thing that we call (combat) sports,” Schaefer said.

“I don’t want to talk (expletive) about the UFC. But Dana White can’t do an interview without knocking boxing. If he thinks we’re idiots and don’t know anything about the pay-per-view business, I’ll make him a challenge.

“I am willing to hire one of the top three accounting firms, at my expense, and do an audit of his pay-per-view results. They are nowhere near what is put into the public. There is talk that UFC 100 did 1.6 million, but it barely broke a million. I am willing to pay to have the audits done to prove this.”

White said he would not allow anyone other than fighters with a contractual right to do so to audit his numbers.

“Do you think I’m (expletive) crazy?” he said

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slu...xnumbers092509
        So they're saying Dana White is a liar and a phony? Yeah, what else is new.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
          So they're saying Dana White is a liar and a phony? Yeah, what else is new.
          I know right... and UFC fans think hes different from Bob Arum still. lol

Comment

those numbers have been proved as fake its all over the mma news

Comment

Working...
            X