Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does mayweather beat PAC?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

theres a thread for this http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=512827

but anyway.

"The Mayweather dosent throw as much punches as Marquez" is false

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/vi...osley-compubox

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/vi...manny-pacquiao

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
      And to the people saying PAC didn't connect against jmm, look at his face and try again.
      didnt look loke 500 punches landed on his face.. and roid landed no bodyshots from what i saw. its too easy for maywearther. may was fighting the best just look at roids resume.. that explains it all

Comment

PACs offense will shut down floyd

Comment

Hatton was given Floyd hell buhahahahaha , WTF you guys looking at , charging wrestling and bums rushing is not giving Floyd hell , Floyd was in total control of that fight just riding the bull rushing strength Ricky had , even Rickys corner was telling him , Ricky your smothering yourself , lol , the reason was he was wrestling so much is because the moment Hatton gives Floyd some room he starts Teeing off ,,, which is what happened when Ricky slowed down to fight and then it was a one way street , Floyd fought the perfect fight .

I really think some of you guys just started to watch boxing .

Comment

The bottom line is, Manny could possibly be the better athlete of the 2. That alone will keep him in the fight. But if you study Manny's career, he destroys the guys that stand in front of him and struggles with legit boxers. Mosley just constantly took a step back and to the side and it gave Manny fits. If Mosley threw the punches that he is known to throw, he beats Manny. But Mosley has lost his edge. Marquez simply wouldn't engage with Manny on Manny's terms, but when he did, he won the exchanges. Manny looked amateurish at times in that fight. He had a lot of respect for Marquez's skill.

I know and understand that Bob Arum has put Manny in the ring with the right opponents to make him look great. It was Manny's job to beat these guys, and he did impressively. I can't take that away from him. But to be honest, I think Manny was juicing up from the second Morales fight to the Margarita fight. Floyd's camp and many others in the industry including Teddy Atlas was questioning it so much, that I think Manny's team decided to get him off of it his last few fights. That explains why he hasn't looked that impressive lately. Both Mosley and Marquez are over 37 years of age and was giving Manny those type of problems??? Something is not right about that.

I'm not a huge fan of Floyd or his style of boxing. But that does not matter.The fact of the matter is, the man is a masterful, technical genius. The last 2 fighters Manny looked bad against, Floyd dominated them. The day Arum decides to make the fight happen will be the day Manny is ready to have his last fight. Because, at this point, I think everyone knows Floyd will make it so easy that a rematch would be pointless.Manny would no longer be a big deal in the sport.

Floyd will simply take a step back and move to Manny's right all night. Manny's wild combo attempts will fall short. He will be eating straight lead right hands and jabs all night. If he does manage to make it on the inside, Floyd will simply tie him up. There's no shame in floyd's game. He admits that he knows when to hold and when to fold. It will be a boring fight. But, i think Floyd will attack Manny's body like no other fighter before. i see Manny getting caught leaping in recklessly with a straight right or right uppercut. Once Manny gets hurt, Floyd will open up. The ref will be forced to stop it. Or in a worse case scenerio, Floyd decides to play it safe and outbox him the whole 12 rounds. I can see it 9 to 3 in favor of Floyd.

The truth is...Manny fights great,BUT FLOYD IS A GREAT FIGHTER!!! If you don't know the difference, you will see when they fight.

Comment

doing what he does supreme defense and brilliant counter punching. pac showed no resilliance against marquez. none. and he was supposed to be a complete fighter that lie was exposed. he should have blasted through marquez he had every advantage coming into this fight and still looked am. i mean its at his weight his gloves i assume he had his lucky sucks and no blisters. roach should have let him be himself and not try to make him a boxer. he could have ko'd him.

Comment

I still don't see how may beats PAC? May is too defensive and doesn't throw combinations. Look at the may/Hatton fight. Hatton was giving Floyd hell. Floyd was on his bike until he landed a few lucky shots. PACs offense will be too much for mayweather. PAC wins an easy UD. No surprise if PAC KOs mayweather.

By the way I scored the PAC/jmm fight 7-5 for PAC. I really don't see how anyone has Jmm winning, probably biased fans.

My guess is mayweather keeps avoiding PAC via more vacationingg/family time/domestic violence.

That's all

floyd is thee most rounded fighter in the game he can box, he can brawl, he fight on the inside, he can fight backing up... HE ADAPTS..if marquez had pac figured out in there first fight.. mayweather is the best and adjusting and shutting down...i dont think pac has the mental know how to get the job anyway. mayweather plays a thinking mans game, pac cant think CLEARLY

Comment

Originally posted by hbonnie21 View Post
                  floyd is thee most rounded fighter in the game he can box, he can brawl, he fight on the inside, he can fight backing up... HE ADAPTS..if marquez had pac figured out in there first fight.. mayweather is the best and adjusting and shutting down...i dont think pac has the mental know how to get the job anyway. mayweather plays a thinking mans game, pac cant think CLEARLY
                  so true so true.

Comment

Bait thread.

As a *******, I would like to say Pacquiao wins.

But to give this some serious tone in this thread that will be deleted:

Mayweather will give Pacquiao the hardest fight ever.

Mayweather will circle Pacquiao like how Marquez and Mosley did to him.

And Mayweather has a vicious right hand that is both explosive and stealthy.

If Pacquiao tries to win his fight against Mayweather the smart way then he will lose the fight no question ask. If he takes his time and tries to be smart then he lost already. He should fight Mayweather like how he fought Erik Morales in their second fight and Marco Antonio Barrera in their first fight that is sheer volume and continuous pressure.

No excuse, if Pacquiao starts feeling leg cramps in the 4th round then he might as well quit in the 5th round because Mayweather will turn him around and potshot him to a Unanimous Decision.

Pacquiao must fight this fight base on power and constant pressure. Disregard defense in order to bring on full assault to Mayweather and hurt him good like his relentless attack to Margarito and Cotto. Don't give Mayweather a moment's rest and keep unleashing power shots in weird angles to catch him off guard.

If he backs up then follow him until Mayweather's back touches the ropes and unleash a fury of savage beating on Mayweather's arms, elbows, shoulders, and body. Don't stop until Mayweather clinches and if he does push him away reset and then continue pummeling Mayweather again by shooting out power punches and straight lefts in weird angles.

If Pacquiao doesn't do all these then he better just quit and blame it to leg cramps because he will not win in points. Mayweather will win by points never by KO against Pacquiao. Pacquiao will not win by KO but by Majority Decision or Split Decision and that is because of sheer pressure and the constant beating he will have to do against Mayweather.

Pacquiao has to hurt Mayweather visibly in order to make the judges know that his punches are effective and not just glancing blows. He has to break Mayweather's face to a bloody pulp to prove to the judges that his straight lefts and jabs are effective. He should at least make Mayweather's knees buckle in order to show the judges that his right hooks are effective.

If he doesn't do all of these then he should just quit and blame it on leg cramps or whatever. He will not win by points for boxing beautifully or being smart. He will only win if shows the judges how savagely he beat Mayweather. It needs all of those dramas to convince both the public and judges that Pacquiao wins over Mayweather.

Comment

Since Manny would have to land his power punches[bread and butter] at a consistent level against Floyd in order to win, then let's see how consistent Floyd's last five opponents was at landing their power punches on him. [Ortiz, Mosley, Marquez, Hatton, Oscar], They landed a total of 254 power punches out of 1,291 power punches thrown [19.6%] against Floyd. They averaged 5.1 power punches landed per round[50 rounds total] out of 25.8 power punches thrown per round. Margarito got hit by more power punches in one fight[411 out of 713 power punches landed] than Floyd got hit by power punches in five fights[254 out of 1,291 power punches landed].
                      Last edited by Carpe Diem; 11-22-2011, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X