back in 2007 and 2008, Cotto wasn't good enough Floyd stans said

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dunks View Post

this was Cotto in 08..
    Because Floyd retired when a fight with Miguel was in high demand. Both were undefeated and at the top of the ranks. Losing to Margarito is irrelevant to Floyd not wanting him when it mattered most.

Comment

Originally posted by Born2Live View Post
      What's changed is currently he's the best fighter who's name isn't Pacquiao that is currently avaliable right now.
      Lol, did Sergio Martinez die? No, Cotto simply isn't the same fighter from 07 08. Try again.

Comment

I'm gonna start giving out the red k; this is getting crazy

Comment

The issue about 07 & 08 was, Cotto was a TOP RANK FIGHTER, which obviously the main issue.

Remember when Cotto was in the crowd when Mayweather fought Gatti (R.I.P Warrior) & after that whooping Bob Arum didn't want Cotto to fight Mayweather, Arum actually asked Mayweather to fight Bruseles (similar style to Cotto) prior to Gatti to warm up for Cotto but Arum changed his mind, he's done this with many fighters, Gamboa vs Lopez being the latest.
          Sorry but this is my thread. The issue is Floyd fans saying back then Cotton wasn't good enough to face.

Suddenly, after two ko losses, he somehow is.

Laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K12 View Post
            I'm gonna start giving out the red k; this is getting crazy
            How about givin reasons why Cotton wasn't worthy in 07 08 as an undefeated champion, but is now after two ko losses. I thought Floyd wasn't keen on leftovers?

Comment

Originally posted by Lean On Me View Post
              Lol, did Sergio Martinez die? No, Cotto simply isn't the same fighter from 07 08. Try again.

Wow, not this nonsense again, think about it, why is Sergio fighting at MW, a dead division that has no money? surley if he can make 150lb's like he claiming, why isn't he fighting at 154lb's where there is big money fights for him, Margarito, Alavarez & Cotto would give him his biggest pay day, yet he's content to stay at MW fighting the likes of Barker & Macklin. He's looking for a big pay day against Floyd before he retires & your an idiot if you believe other wise.

No.2, Martinez is scheduled to fight in March & has to oblige his contract so he's not avalible.

TRY AGAIN!

Comment

Wow, not this nonsense again, think about it, why is Sergio fighting at MW, a dead division that has no money? surley if he can make 150lb's like he claiming, why isn't he fighting at 154lb's where there is big money fights for him, Margarito, Alavarez & Cotto would give him his biggest pay day, yet he's content to stay at MW fighting the likes of Barker & Macklin. He's looking for a big pay day against Floyd before he retires & your an idiot if you believe other wise.

No.2, Martinez is scheduled to fight in March & has to oblige his contract so he's not avalible.

TRY AGAIN!
                Floyd can move up. But lets get back to the topic, why was Cotto no good in his prime but he is after being stopped twice?

Comment

Floyd can move up. But lets get back to the topic, why was Cotto no good in his prime but he is after being stopped twice
                  The guy just said Floyd can move up to middleweight

Comment

Sorry but this is my thread. The issue is Floyd fans saying back then Cotton wasn't good enough to face.

Suddenly, after two ko losses, he somehow is.

Laughable.
                    Nobody was saying that.

You're talking one or two fans from boxingscene and think that accounts for "ALL" fans.

Just stop.

Comment

The guy just said Floyd can move up to middleweight

Duran did. Leonard did. And both faced better fighters. But tell me, why was Cotto no good as an undefeated fighter, but is now after two ko losses?

Comment

Working...
                      X