Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kessler promises to bring European walk-in entertainment to the US...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kessler is f' kin hilarious. I work with a dude from Denmark who sounds exactly like him and is always smiling. I crack up every time I see him.

Comment

You know, I don't understand the disparity between boxing and other "American sports" when it comes to entertainment:

Just watch the NBA Finals or the Super Bowl - entertainment all night long - in comparison, boxing offers just some rudimentaries of it.

So please tell me why, to the mecca of entertainment and show...???

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Tocca View Post
        ...anyone who've seen the making of Kessler's walk in song at sho sports website know what I'm talking about.

Get ready for some good'ol Abraham/Klitschko stuff...

To me that what makes a lot of the excitement in the lead up...I hate to see fighters just walking to the ring with 30 sec of silent playback...fireworks and live bands are great, even the things that Vitali pulled out vs. Peter.

Maybe SHO lead the way for more of those lead-ins to big fights on American soil...
        Whatever, i cant wait this fight Kessler is one of my best fighter. The american will wake up in the morning after the fight 3-0 for europe

Comment

K, we beg to differ on this topic...I attended a lot of fights live and those lead-ins always provide a great boost of excitement to me...though, it depends on the music (for example, I could give a damn about Valuev's entrance vs. Haye - soft pop is ****, play some hard rock or urban/rock mix!)...
          I agree with you man the walk in for Cotto Pacquiao this past weekend was amazingly good and got the crowd excited

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
            I agree with you man the walk in for Cotto Pacquiao this past weekend was amazingly good and got the crowd excited
            Hell yeah, I was suprised that they got such a long and sportful walk in...props to Top Rank...

Comment

K, we beg to differ on this topic...I attended a lot of fights live and those lead-ins always provide a great boost of excitement to me...though, it depends on the music (for example, I could give a damn about Valuev's entrance vs. Haye - soft pop is ****, play some hard rock or urban/rock mix!)...
              Oops my bad, I meant Valuevs entrance not Abrahams. But yeah I always get excited during the walk ins, but Im just not too keen on it being over the top. Just the fighter doing his ring walk is enough to get me psyched up for the fight.

You know, I don't understand the disparity between boxing and other "American sports" when it comes to entertainment:

Just watch the NBA Finals or the Super Bowl - entertainment all night long - in comparison, boxing offers just some rudimentaries of it.

So please tell me why, to the mecca of entertainment and show...???
              Again we'll have to agree to disagree but I really cant stand the whole American concept of NFL 'half time shows' etc etc, with floats and all sorts of things going on, im from the UK so Im not too sure about what actually happens in them but from TV and movies I get the impression they make a big song and dance about it all. Im glad it doesnt happen in Boxing to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                Good to see you here. I thought you wanted a time-out?
                After this Saturday. But I decided to be here for the Kessler fight.

Comment

...anyone who've seen the making of Kessler's walk in song at sho sports website know what I'm talking about.

Get ready for some good'ol Abraham/Klitschko stuff...

To me that what makes a lot of the excitement in the lead up...I hate to see fighters just walking to the ring with 30 sec of silent playback...fireworks and live bands are great, even the things that Vitali pulled out vs. Peter.

Maybe SHO lead the way for more of those lead-ins to big fights on American soil...
                  Pretty Badass.

Comment

Originally posted by Chip2006uk View Post
                    Oops my bad, I meant Valuevs entrance not Abrahams. But yeah I always get excited during the walk ins, but Im just not too keen on it being over the top. Just the fighter doing his ring walk is enough to get me psyched up for the fight.

Again we'll have to agree to disagree but I really cant stand the whole American concept of NFL 'half time shows' etc etc, with floats and all sorts of things going on, im from the UK so Im not too sure about what actually happens in them but from TV and movies I get the impression they make a big song and dance about it all. Im glad it doesnt happen in Boxing to be honest.
                    Btw, I loved Haye's entrance vs. Valuev - very cheeky and entertaining at the same time...made me wanna dance...

Comment

good stuff

Comment

Working...
                      X