Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury's Still a Star, But He's Not The Heavyweight Champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury's Still a Star, But He's Not The Heavyweight Champion

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - Let's make a few things clear. I admire, respect, and yeah I even like Tyson Fury. The British big man boxed Wladimir Klitschko's ears off in a fight I never thought he'd win. He rose from a Deontay Wilder combo that I thought had surely stopped him. And he fought through a mask of bloody adversity on S...
    [Click Here To Read More]

[insert applause gif here]

Bout time someone spoke on it. Fury doesn’t look (in the ring) nor carry himself like a HW champion. I believe it when I see some legit hardware around his waist or over his shoulder again. Til then it’s 1. Wilder 2. Ruiz 3. AJ 4. Fury 5. Whoever hasn’t popped for steroids
    Last edited by TrillScottHeron; 09-17-2019, 12:57 AM.

Comment

He’s a runner and a hugger, a coward inside and outside the ring. Zero respect.

Comment

Well rarely is there a time where one guy is proven to dominant over everyone, and when it happens we still complain. Boxing works because there’s so much debate and speculation. The amount of fights it would take between the top four guys to get a definitive answer would be staggering, even then things might not get sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
          Well rarely is there a time where one guy is proven to dominant over everyone, and when it happens we still complain. Boxing works because there’s so much debate and speculation. The amount of fights it would take between the top four guys to get a definitive answer would be staggering, even then things might not get sorted.
          Good post!

Why would it be staggering? 6 fights and they've all fought each other once and then take the best two set of results and have those two fight each other a second time. That's 7 fights. If the result of the second fight reverses the first fight then have a decider making a total of eight fights.

Of course, this would never happen for a staggering number of reasons!!

Comment

Originally posted by TrillScottHeron View Post
            [insert applause gif here]

Bout time someone spoke on it. Fury doesn’t look (in the ring) nor carry himself like a HW champion. I believe it when I see some legit hardware around his waist or over his shoulder again. Til then it’s 1. Wilder 2. Ruiz 3. AJ 4. Fury 5. Whoever hasn’t popped for steroids
            Why Wilder 1. and Fury 4. ??

Are you forgetting that Fury and Wilder fought and despite the KDs the majority of fans, boxing pros and media had Fury winning on points?

Even if you are a Wilder fan and I am, at least you have to see the fight was competitive.

One other thing, Fury and Wilder both have heart. Wilder has fought through adversity with Ortiz but Fury has gotten up from the Wilder sledgehammer and now he's fought past a very bad cut - so Fury has had the chance to show even more heart than Wilder.

Comment

Fury is the lineal champ, intact since Sullivan. The man to beat. The boogeyman of the division. The kingpin. Until someone truly beats him, he is the HW division. The cash cow. The golden goose. The Bobfather has boxing in his hands.

Comment

Fury is a fraud.

Fury failed 3 PED tests administered by UKAD from Feb 2015 - Sept 2016 for Nandrolone including before the Klitchko fight

Made a deal w/ UKAD to admit guilt, Titles stripped & Only a 2 yr suspension b/c he could've been Suspended for Life

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                  Why Wilder 1. and Fury 4. ??

Are you forgetting that Fury and Wilder fought and despite the KDs the majority of fans, boxing pros and media had Fury winning on points?

Even if you are a Wilder fan and I am, at least you have to see the fight was competitive.

One other thing, Fury and Wilder both have heart. Wilder has fought through adversity with Ortiz but Fury has gotten up from the Wilder sledgehammer and now he's fought past a very bad cut - so Fury has had the chance to show even more heart than Wilder.

Wilder and Ruiz have legit belt(s) and AJ has fought stiffer competition. I am not forgetting that Fury showed amazing heart and skill in the bout with Wilder, yet I cannot pretend I am not truly disappointed in the way that Fury’s second career arc has been managed. I (unlike majority of fans, boxers, and media) agreed then and now with Phil Edwards scorecard of a draw. I was excited and anxious about a possible immediate rematch, which Fury declined to provide us. His natural instinct after being KD in the 12th was to get up and take it to Wilder, and not be deterred by the small setback of Wilder’s devestating left hook. After battling depression and blowing up to damn near 400 lbs, Fury saw a demand for his talents in the HW landscape, and shrugged off 120 lbs like it was nothing. These are the actions that make me truly believe that Tyson is a true gypsy warrior and makes me root for him to succeed. You say I’m a Wilder fan and that’s true but I also am a Fury fan, and AJ fan, and Ruiz fan, etc... Being the HW Champion of the world means something to me. I respect the hell out of that title. So to exploit it to sell a farcical defense is very disheartening because it could have been prevented by taking a immediate rematch.

Also: you speak of displaying heart (dawg) as if it is the supreme factor in winning a boxing match. Between us boxing fans would you like to make a friendly wager on the upcoming Spence/Porter unification? Put your theory to the test, and make a couple bucks if your correct

Comment

The end of the article says:

"This week’s legit title-fight schedule:

SATURDAY

IBO cruiserweight title"

Therefore, the article is clearly a joke and so is the author.

Comment

Working...
                    X