Diet Help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet Help

Whats goin on everybody,

Im new to boxingscene and im new to boxing so i needed some help and this seems like the right place to learn everything.

Im trying to train everyday or at least every two days and I wanted to be able to eat something easily accessible to me.

The diet thats easiest that in my eyes doesnt seem too bad during training is:

Morning: Orange Juice, two scrambled eggs on wheat toast, maybe a yogurt or banana or something.

Afternoon: an omelet wrap with red and green peppers, pieces of grilled chicken, and cheese, with a small portion of home potatoes.

Night:
    Grilled chicken, Fish, or steak with a little bit of rice and vegetables.

I mean, im almost sure that isnt sufficient or somethings wrong with it, so if anyone can please let me know how to alter it or anything i would greatly appreciate it, thank you.

dont eat too much steak...
    from what i hear your supposed to try and stay away from red meat as much as possible..
    stick with turkey, fish and chicken
    if your trying to lose weight
    dont eat lots of carbs...
    but carbs are nessisary for training so dont ditch them entirely...

This is what i have learned in the few months i have been learning the sport and training.

Good Luck!!

Comment

steak can be great for you depending on the cut. For example, sirloin=good for you ribeye=bad for you. As you can see it depends on the fat content, leaner is better when you're talking about beef.

Red meat naturally contains creatine and a bunch of other goodies (even omega-3 if you get grass fed beef) so it should be included in any athletes diet. Animal fats are an important part of a complete macronutrient profile.

That being said, i wouldn't drink the OJ, its basically just sugar water and orange. You get much more benefits from eating the whole fruit.

put spinach in that omlette and it becomes a lot more nutritious (although it doesnt look too bad right now.) If you are using full fat processed cheese, you shouldn't

could your diet be torn apart? yes. is it a bad diet? no. it all depends on your goals and your body. you can PM me if you want specific info, but it doesnt look horribly bad.

Comment

haha ok...my bad...a lot to learn still it seems hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Jae Himself View Post
          Whats goin on everybody,

Im new to boxingscene and im new to boxing so i needed some help and this seems like the right place to learn everything.

Im trying to train everyday or at least every two days and I wanted to be able to eat something easily accessible to me.

The diet thats easiest that in my eyes doesnt seem too bad during training is:

Morning: Orange Juice, two scrambled eggs on wheat toast, maybe a yogurt or banana or something.

Afternoon: an omelet wrap with red and green peppers, pieces of grilled chicken, and cheese, with a small portion of home potatoes.

Night:
          Grilled chicken, Fish, or steak with a little bit of rice and vegetables.

I mean, im almost sure that isnt sufficient or somethings wrong with it, so if anyone can please let me know how to alter it or anything i would greatly appreciate it, thank you.
          Cut out the orange juice. Eat oranges instead. Cut out the toast too if you can, if you're looking to lose weight. I would have the banana instead of the yogurt as well, as many yogurts contain high fructose corn syrup, which is ****.

Is the omelet wrap home-made, or do you buy it from a store. If you buy it from a store/restaurant, I would personally buy the same ingredients from a grocery store, and make it yourself. That way you know no **** like MSG and tons of salt is added to it to make it taste good.

Grilled chicken sounds pretty good. I wouldn't eat the rice at night though; save it for the afternoon. Drink water when you're thirsty. Avoid sports drinks and juices, as most of them contain too much sugar than you need. Eat more fruits, more vegetables. For the most part, it looks pretty good. Try to stay away from unhealthy cooking methods like frying and microwave, and stick to methods like boiling, steaming, grilling, and cooking your food in the oven.

Comment

Hey Jay, your diet will depend on:

1.your age - nutrition needs of a teen different to someone older
            2.your current weight and body fat levels
            3. What your goals are - are you trying to lose or gain weight/fat
            4. Your activity level

your diet seems okay and healthy to me but it really depends on how many grams of the chicken/steak etc you are eating and at the end of the day how many total calories you are eating, and whether the amount of calories is significantly higher (gain weight)or lower (lose weight) than your Base Rate Metabolism (BMR).

I have posted about this before (under ´loosing weight´[sic]). I dont think people can accurately answer your questions about diet until you answer the first three questions.

Though I agree fruit is better than fruit juice

(I am not an expert or qualified nutritionist just passing on what I have learnt so I could be wrong)

Comment

Other think I forgot to say is skim or low fat milk, I drink about a litre a day. Lots of nutrients and protein. I know some people will disagree about milk but it is a major part of my diet.

Comment

Yea steak is OK every once in a while. I was big on chicken and fish when I was training for a fight. You're eating a lot of eggs though. Try making an egg white omelet. Less calories and all the protein, and no cholesterol. That's all in the yoke.

Fruits and veggies are you friends. I used to eat very little carbs after my workout and before bed. I ate most of my carbs during the morning and a little at lunch. But I didn't eat rice or pasta for dinner. My carbs all came from veggies for dinner.

As long as your eating lots of veggies you'll be good for getting nutrients. If you're worried, take a daily vitamin. Doesn't look like there's lot of calcium in that diet. Believe it or not, punching the bag is creating some serious bone density in your wrists and arms. Make sure you're getting enough calcium to support that.

Comment

Thankyou very much guys you've been a great help. I saw that it depended on my age and all that so i figured id let you know now and see if changes much of what you already told me.

Im 20 years old, I weigh 165 and im 5'10" which i dont think is too bad but id like to lose some weight, or atleast cut up what I do have.

This is all alot harder than i thought loll, but i appreciate the help very much.

Comment

Working...
                  X