Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barnett in Pride

from www.adcombat.com

There was a strong buzz this past weekend about former UFC Heavyweight
    Champion Josh Barnett officially signing a contract with PRIDE.

The rumor was that Barnett will fight Rodrigo Nogueira in PRIDE for their January show, but no official statement from DSE has been released.

Barnett also made the sports pages in Japan but it wasn't for fighting or PRIDE. This past Thursday, Masahiro Chono officially announced that Josh Barnett would be making his pro wrestling debut for NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING on 1/4/03 at the Tokyo Dome. Definitely NOT a bad gig for a 'first timer'!

This came as a shock but it's apparent that Barnett's suspension in Nevada won't be up until later in the month. Barnett is more than likely supplementing his income with a different line of work until the suspension is lifted.

No word on Barnett's role in New Japan but he's hanging with Bob Sapp these days which is definitely NOT a bad political move.

well i wanna see him fight nog thats or sure, but i think nog will win!

Comment

I think Nog. would win too, I am sure it would be a great fight and I would love to see it......

Comment

I'm with Nog. Barnet is a great fighter, but we are speaking about Noguiera, the man who made an armbar to Sapp...
        Please, Josh don't go to JPW...it's a circus

Comment

Nog is gonna fight Fedor first and then probably Barnett.

Comment

NOG by JD.

Nog is one tuff guy. Defeated in Sapp and all..... i think Barnett's outcome is not gonna be a victorious one.

However Barnett is one hella good fighter and has defeated alot of good fighters... i just don't see anyone defeatign Nog PERIOD!

If someone would like to shed some light on this for me, so i can see the other side, please do so.

Comment

I thought they were fighting in UFO...

Comment

[quote:e066b45ad5="Adam"]NOG by JD.

Nog is one tuff guy. Defeated in Sapp and all..... i think Barnett's outcome is not gonna be a victorious one.

However Barnett is one hella good fighter and has defeated alot of good fighters... i just don't see anyone defeatign Nog PERIOD!

If someone would like to shed some light on this for me, so i can see the other side, please do so.[/quote:e066b45ad5]

Ricco subbed him in ADCC. I know its not the same, but you can't say Ricco wouldn't do it again. If Ricco keeps getting better, I'd say he has a damn good chance to do it.

However, right now, I'd still bet on Nog

Comment

[quote:4be0d279f1="Creed"][quote:4be0d279f1="Adam"]NOG by JD.

If someone would like to shed some light on this for me, so i can see the other side, please do so.[/quote:4be0d279f1]

Ricco subbed him in ADCC. I know its not the same, but you can't say Ricco wouldn't do it again. If Ricco keeps getting better, I'd say he has a damn good chance to do it.

However, right now, I'd still bet on Nog[/quote:4be0d279f1]

True...and correct me if I am worng but didn't Hendo beat Nog in RINGS?

Nog has improved as much, if not more so than Barnett or Ricco in recent times...

I like Barnett as a fighter, and I also like Ricco, he is a great model for any heavyweight fighter on the ground...but I don't think either of them can take Nog RIGHT NOW....in the future, who knows, but I think Nog is as close to the total package in MMA as there ever has been so far

Comment

Agreed.....

Comment

Working...
                    X