Dan Rafeal Tweets Canelo may not fight on Floyd Undercard after all

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Rafeal Tweets Canelo may not fight on Floyd Undercard after all

"Dan Rafael ‏@danrafaelespn

Issue with Alvarez-Trout is, from what I'm told, Floyd's unwillingness to commit contractually to an Alvarez fight in the fall (more)"

Sounds like what we heard from the start. Canelo's people want to know Floyd will fight him in exchange for helping him sell this crap PPV event.

They need to clear up what the 'contractual' part is. Is Canelo demanding a Floyd fight regardless if he wins or loses against Trout? Or is Floyd saying regardless if Canelo wins or loses, he doesn't want to sign for a Fall fight yet? (which makes no sense since Canelo brings him infinitely more than any other available fighter).

Comment

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Comment

I don't think Canelo has added much to Floyds ppvs in the past, but Canelo/Trout certainly would this time around. It's a great fight, much better than the main event. I myself would not purchase the ppv unless Canelo/Trout is on it. Floyd should think about this long and hard.

Comment

this is bad. Ive said all along that I disagree with everyone about Floyd-Ghost. I still think that fight will sell big on its own. People act like Canelo has always been on Floyd's card. Ghost is a Mexican, who looks white, speaks well, has great credentials, and people will eat up the story about his wifes battle with cancer. Not to mention the black vs whit thing. That will sell big.

The problem is now that everyone thought Canelo-Trout would be the undercard. Its better to have nothing at all then to have and then have lost. Meaning that if they never talked about it being on the undercard then I think the fight still wouldve sold well but this will make people so upset that they could lose some buys.

As for the Floyd-Canelo thing, I can see Floyd being very interested in a Canelo fight but not wanting to commit to it. Floyd is probably figuring that he's the biggest star in boxing so why would he have to commit to someone. He may fight him but they will decide that after. Not predetermine stuff. That kinda stuff is hard to workout. Right now I see Canelo fighting Trout on a separate card which is bad for business all around. Might make the Floyd-Ghost tix cheaper & easier to get though

Comment

I just want him to fight Trout. Do whatever you got to do to make it happen so that everybody's financial demands are met.

Get the Trout fight done. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
              They need to clear up what the 'contractual' part is. Is Canelo demanding a Floyd fight regardless if he wins or loses against Trout? Or is Floyd saying regardless if Canelo wins or loses, he doesn't want to sign for a Fall fight yet? (which makes no sense since Canelo brings him infinitely more than any other available fighter).
              Its most likely that if he appears on Floyds undercard and wins, he'll get a floyd fight in the fall

Comment

No canelo, no buy

Comment

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
                  I am willing to bet its Floyd not want to be told he has to do anything. He may fight Canelo at some point, but he wants to be the one calling the shots.
                  I will eat major crow if it turns out Canelo wants a win or lose guarantee, which I don't think he has asked for. A lot of people are assuming that when i think its really Canelo wanting to know Floyd won't go on vacation and give him his word that they will fight if they both win.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo
                    Look on the bright side. Tix will probably be cheaper. LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X