Fighters who did drugs (non-PEDs)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
    alcohol.

i know some ppl are gonna be all "ohh thats not really a drug because drugs are against the law and alcohol isnt, hense its not a drug even though it causes more brain damage, is more addictive and have a higher risk of overdose than several illegal drugs".

but frankly i dont give a ****. being drunk and being high is the same thing, as is alcohol poisoning and an overdose or an alcoholic and a junkie. do i judge ppl who drink? no, its their life and their body. but im not gonna pretend they arent doing drugs.
    A fighter liking a drink between fights is a totally different thing imo. Massive amounts of fighters do drugs but damn NEAR all of em have a drink and its no big deal imo, they are allowed to live a lil between fights. Guys like Hopkins are the exception rather than the rule. A guy like John L who would show up and try to fight DRUNK? Thats a different issue again lol

Comment

Smokin Bert Cooper liked Smokin crack

Comment

The list is endless.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
          Smokin Bert Cooper liked Smokin crack
          Tested positive for coke after his fight with George Foreman.

Comment

mando ramos, willie pastrano, pinklon tomas

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
              Tested positive for coke after his fight with George Foreman.
              Guess that's why they called him Smokin'.

What drug did Hagler do, never heard of that one. And wasn't it also common in the past for fighters to smoke cigarettes? Mayorga even did that more recently. Tobacco is a drug.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                Guess that's why they called him Smokin'.

What drug did Hagler do, never heard of that one. And wasn't it also common in the past for fighters to smoke cigarettes? Mayorga even did that more recently. Tobacco is a drug.
                I never ever heard of Hagler doing drugs unless it was after he retired. Most everybody knows about Tyson testing pos+ for pot for the Golota bout but alot of people aren't aware Witherspoon tested positive for pot for the rematch with Bonecrusher Smith.
                Jose Luis Lopez also did for his wbo title defense against Yory Boy Campos which got him striped of the belt. Greg Haugen also failed the test when he beat Camacho for the wbo super light weight title. Meanwhile Camacho, Whitaker and Tapia had a different problem.

Pinklon Thomas and "Cool" Vince Phillips were recovered drug addicts before their rise to the top.

Comment

Someone at the gym told me fighters now will smoke a little marijuana if the think they might be tested for peds. Anyone know how that would mess up a test?

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                    A fighter liking a drink between fights is a totally different thing imo. Massive amounts of fighters do drugs but damn NEAR all of em have a drink and its no big deal imo, they are allowed to live a lil between fights. Guys like Hopkins are the exception rather than the rule. A guy like John L who would show up and try to fight DRUNK? Thats a different issue again lol
                    Any way you look at it, alcohol is a drug. Then you have fighters who have a beer here and there, just like others smoke a joint here and there, and then you have alcoholics (addicts) like Napoles, to name a famous case.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                      totally different than what exactly? heroin? coke? weed?

is there anything wrong with kassim ouma smoking a j between fights in your opinion? cannabis being far less harmful than alcohol in every single way.

im not saying i disagree with you, i just dont see how alcohol is alright if less harmful drugs arent and you talk as if alcohol is a light drug but thats not the case. its not heavy but its not light either, its inbetween.

"Massive amounts of fighters do drugs but damn NEAR all of em have a drink".

having a drink is doing drugs, a legal drug. a drug more harmful than weed, exctacy and lsd just to name a few and damn near equal to cocaine.
                      Last edited by #1Assassin; 01-22-2013, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X