No announcement yet.

Gassiev is a punching bag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A.K View Post
    Foh he is a great fighter he just couldn’t cope with the speed, uysk fights like a jr lw no one at that weight class can keep up with, gassiev still easily handles the rest of the division and probably hw.
    Gassiev is most definitely not a great fighter. And Briedis almost beat Usyk so I'm not sure what you're talking about. I think Briedis beats Gassiev.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
      Gassiev is most definitely not a great fighter. And Briedis almost beat Usyk so I'm not sure what you're talking about. I think Briedis beats Gassiev.
      Briedis is a great fighter himself fym? And nah gassiev KO’s him

Comment

He fights almost exactly the same as Abraham except without his jab. I expected more but then again after the Lebedev fight I knew he was heavily flawed.

Comment

He is a bum

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
            or maybe usyk is just that good
            this was beyond that. gassiev landed a handful of good punches in the fight. He was barely even throwing punches. He was literally just standing right in front of Usyk for a good majority of the fight. It is one of the worst performances I have seen in awhile--nevermind the fact that it was supposed to be some kind of epic matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
              Briedis is a great fighter himself fym? And nah gassiev KO’s him
              Explain why. Gassiev seems like a one dimensional puncher to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                Agreed. He was made to look very one dimensional. Doesn't change levels or do anything to throw the guy off of rhythm. Just get torched and let him keep changing angles. Conditioning looked suspect too.

This was almost as bad as Clottey-Pac but at least Gassiev did hurt Usyk at one point.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                  Explain why. Gassiev seems like a one dimensional puncher to me.
                  Well that’s because he couldn’t handle usyks speed if you watched his other fights you would see that he’s a technition himself and has a hell of a power punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                    or maybe usyk is just that good
                    I believe they knew what was coming to them... They would lose on exchanging, they would lose on speed, they would lose on work load... Their only asset was precision and power, betting on Usyk gassing out late... Didn't happen... Could have and we would have a different discussion... I for one was amazed at Usyk stamina until the very last moments... I was sure he would fade out late like Dorticos and then that would have been Gassiev's game..

Comment

Originally posted by Sn1 View Post
                      how many of you prophets bet on Usyk to win though?

not many I imagine
                      Well, I didn't bet any actual money but I figured Usyk's athleticism would cause Gas lots of problems but I didn't think it would be a blowout like this. It was almost embarrassing to watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X