No announcement yet.

is lomachenko one of the best/most exciting to watch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    I enjoy watching Loma fight. Everything surrounding his fights are becoming a real drain because his fans and ESPN make each fight about something other than boxing.
    Thats no different than when floyd fought. It was about his money, cars, homes, jewels.

Comment

i don't think he's the most exciting to watch, no. he has only decent power and he's not that vulnerable at all for a guy who stays in the pocket.

exciting fighters almost always fall into two categories, and really they all share one characteristic; their fights shift in momentum and have the drama associated with the unknown.
      here they are:

vulnerable punchers [think gatti, manny pacquiao, israel vazquez,]

or pressure fighters [alfredo angulo, brandon rios, micky ward, james kirkland, etc,] pressure fighters are can be voring if they don't cut off the ring properly or work the body so an opponent slows down and has to fight.

i do think lomachenko is the best fighter on the planet right now. it's without a doubt between he and crawford. i am shading lomachenko for now, he seems to be a slightly more dominant.

Comment

I enjoy watching Loma fight. Everything surrounding his fights are becoming a real drain because his fans and ESPN make each fight about something other than boxing.
        So do his detractors. You know most of the criticism isn't Boxing based but chose to ignore that part.

Comment

Originally posted by Real boxer View Post
          Thats no different than when floyd fought. It was about his money, cars, homes, jewels.
          Well those were things he used to market himself since he wasn't really selling out arenas early in his acreer.

The difference is the people who would immediately log on to take credit away from anything Floyd did are now the same guys that 5 minutes after Loma beats Linares, they are logging on talking about him being better than Floyd.

Do you find that annoying or no big deal?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
            So do his detractors. You know most of the criticism isn't Boxing based but chose to ignore that part.
            I don't ignore it. I just ask that you do not over exaggerate it to try and make it equal to what we saw in the past.

Everytime I ask you to name posters-you don't. You pretending things are even is ridiculous. besides, don't act stupid and pretend you don't know which fans created these ******ed BS standards years ago.

I mean seriously, imagine if I logged on and listed 10 guys Loma didn't fight and then post "well they'd all beat him anyway".You and others would have a fit. Yet that is what happened for 10 years and it was never a big deal.

really sad.
            Last edited by The Big Dunn; 05-18-2018, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Not the most exciting to watch.

Comment

Well those were things he used to market himself since he wasn't really selling out arenas early in his acreer.

The difference is the people who would immediately log on to take credit away from anything Floyd did are now the same guys that 5 minutes after Loma beats Linares, they are logging on talking about him being better than Floyd.

Do you find that annoying or no big deal?
                Show me where Loma is recorded bragging about his money, cars, etc. You stated his fans make each fight about something other than boxing. What are these things?

Comment

His footwork is one of the best without being an actual runner like Larunner or floyd.

Comment

So true. I love watching his fights, but I hate the commentary.

Comment

Lomo does so many things so well that you have to wonder if most boxing judges are even qualified to judge his fights. The dude's a boxing genius and geniuses just aint appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                      X