"F uck MMA" -Lou Dibella

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jacobs View Post
    Since MJ retired
    you braught up the convo so i think you get some credit. lol.

Comment

I think that boxing as a whole is sour due to all the publicity mma is getting. U have Gary Shaw who is now an mma promoter. Oscar/GBP is now trying to get a piece of that pie aswell. MMA fights are being shown on prime time tv channels, ****e channel, showtime, etc. Im a boxing fan first, and an mma fan second, but when u hear guys say things like "**** mma", it only shows thier insecurity. If its such a "crap sport" as most boxing fans put it, then why are u show so much anger towards it? LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by ragingvic View Post
        So im not sure how many of you guys actually watched Lou's interview, but he dissed MMA. Towards the end he did back off a little, but he is def. not a fan. How do you guys feel about one of the biggest promoters in boxing publicaly denouncing MMA in such a fashion?
        While I kind of agree with him, I feel it makes the sport of boxing seems insecure when one of our biggest promoters has to diss MMA in such a fashion.
        The sad thing is when anyone that has some notability in boxing talks about the mma it helps the mma because they get more attention. The mma fans will argue dibella is denouncing the mma because he's afraid of its popularity, and the casual boxing fans might be turned off by a major promoter bitching about a different sport. I think the best thing lou could have done is say I dont watch it lets focus on the upcoming attractions in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by deevel79 View Post
          I think that boxing as a whole is sour due to all the publicity mma is getting. U have Gary Shaw who is now an mma promoter. Oscar/GBP is now trying to get a piece of that pie aswell. MMA fights are being shown on prime time tv channels, ****e channel, showtime, etc. Im a boxing fan first, and an mma fan second, but when u hear guys say things like "**** mma", it only shows thier insecurity. If its such a "crap sport" as most boxing fans put it, then why are u show so much anger towards it? LOL.
          good point, exaclty what I was refering to when I brought up this thread.

Comment

MMA is a **** sport but look at the **** that goes on in boxing. Prime example Margarito being named "super champion"

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
              MMA is a **** sport but look at the **** that goes on in boxing. Prime example Margarito being named "super champion"
              Yeah that is pretty annoying, especially for casual fans who cant really understand why there are 4 belts, let alone 3 champs to each belt. lol/

Comment

Working...
              X