No announcement yet.

Can someone/mod tell Rick Reeno I want to buy Boxingscene

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Yeah kinda... it's not like the true venture capitalist that are pumping money into Silicon Valley... I'm at the lowest level..

I saved a lot of money thru the years, and when economy bottomed in 08/09, I left my job as a corporate manager and I bought one property that was in foreclosure, turned it into a bar/restaurant, which did ok, and then from their, kept reinvesting every dollar I made into growing..
    Instead of buying a fancy car and fancy house, etc,,, I bought stock, or stacked it and bought another foreclosure.. 3 or 4 years off doing that, I had enough cash flow to legit buy businesses or start them and had a good track record with banks.. now I can kinda pick and choose what I want, and have a staff... but it wasn't easy.. literally took me about 10 years of saving and grinding to just start one,,

But thank you for the kind words
    Man, congratulations on your success. I love the topics of finance and investing. I have a bachelors in business but mostly went to school because I was being paid lmao post 9/11 gi bill. I mostly dabble in stocks and have done well but I am not too confident in my ability to start and run a business. When I read about guys like you in the field making moves, making things happen, it lights a fire under me to get my nose to the trading grindstone. Again, congratulations man

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
      You are lying? Did he have a degree?
      Yes he had a degree. But didn't have his masters..

If I recall correctly there were 7 candidates. 5 with masters, but I need mother ****ing grinders, with chips on their shoulders that have never been given a chance,,, I give them that chance because usually the are indebted to you for giving them that opportunity as they have always been looked over.. I had a very shady past in high school, ended up graduating from alternative high school, so I was always overlooked.. I know what it means to come from the bottom, so I never forget where I came from and always looking for somebody like that..

And no, I'm not lying, I have a thread about it somewhere from last summer..
      Roosevelt couldn't handle the pressure of the meetings.., we trying to buy something for 150k and owner thinks it's worth 500k, and bank wants lowest exposure possible.. lots of moving parts in these deals and he couldn't keep up or got discouraged when a party to the deal got pissed.. negotiations are tough,,, the weak need not apply, reality has no "safespace" to retreat to.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
        Man, congratulations on your success. I love the topics of finance and investing. I have a bachelors in business but mostly went to school because I was being paid lmao post 9/11 gi bill. I mostly dabble in stocks and have done well but I am not too confident in my ability to start and run a business. When I read about guys like you in the field making moves, making things happen, it lights a fire under me to get my nose to the trading grindstone. Again, congratulations man
        Thanks for the kind words... grinding away is the only way too become successful unless you come from an already wealthy family..

Vince McMahon of WWE fame is my idol,,, he is the all time grinder..
        so is jay-z, tons of respect for him...

I always tell myself, "building an empire, day by day, brick by brick"

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          Yes he had a degree. But didn't have his masters..

If I recall correctly there were 7 candidates. 5 with masters, but I need mother ****ing grinders, with chips on their shoulders that have never been given a chance,,, I give them that chance because usually the are indebted to you for giving them that opportunity as they have always been looked over.. I had a very shady past in high school, ended up graduating from alternative high school, so I was always overlooked.. I know what it means to come from the bottom, so I never forget where I came from and always looking for somebody like that..

And no, I'm not lying, I have a thread about it somewhere from last summer..
          Roosevelt couldn't handle the pressure of the meetings.., we trying to buy something for 150k and owner thinks it's worth 500k, and bank wants lowest exposure possible.. lots of moving parts in these deals and he couldn't keep up or got discouraged when a party to the deal got pissed.. negotiations are tough,,, the weak need not apply, reality has no "safespace" to retreat to.
          The no-shows are what had me surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
            I always assumed they were getting some of that Haymon money at one point. I was banned and blocked from creating threads in the boxing forum for posting articles showing what a disaster PBC was. They told me that wasn't the reason but I don't believe them.

I really don't know where this site gets revenue from. Site has been a downward trend for a long time now, I don't think they have added any ads themselves for a long time. It's been the same ones for years on the main page, my guess is they aren't even receiving any $ for those anymore.
            Yeah,, I kinda agree... def not worth the 220k that the website claims... I'm pretty sure they took the 70k revenue number and added a generic 3x multiplier to it to get the 220k price tag... that's why you don't make decisions off of what the Internet says

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
              Legalize **** in the lounge.. anyone can post pics of pooseys or d1cks if that's your preference
              No.

It would be ok until people start posting indecent underage pictures and other illegal things.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                The no-shows are what had me surprise.
                Yeah me too,,,, that's what really pissed me off...

The first time, I was superheated, because it made us look really unprofessional. (Luckily it was with bank we do tons of business with, so it wasn't held against us)....

But really, really, really pissed me off, was when I had his back, took him to take a long weekend n regroup, and I will spend some one on one time with him and be there personally for Tuesday's meeting so we will have backup.. he told me "sounds good, thank you, I'm sorry about today, won't happen again, see u tuesday". And then he ****ed me tuesday.. and then had the balls to call me 3 months later to see if "I was okay, and do you need anything". Needless to say, I didn't "need anything" from him

Comment

welcome back, cu/nt

you were gone longer than usual

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
                    I got $50k offer..
                    https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=745983

Comment

Working...
                    X