Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fury just didn't look like the real deal to me!?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fury just didn't look like the real deal to me!?

Let's be honest, McD was walking through that jab, landing shots relatively easily - not enough movement of head or body from Fury. I was a Fury fan, but a reappraisal is needed - Fury isn't ready to challenge any real contenders. McD won that fight, and Fury looked like a guy out of ideas. He is only 21, so if he's got brains he'll go away and rethink, get in better shape and learn to make use of his assets...jab and move! Definitely needs a controlled diet and weights program - lacked the power or speed to trouble McDermott near enough.

Originally posted by Special K View Post
    Let's be honest, McD was walking through that jab, landing shots relatively easily - not enough movement of head or body from Fury. I was a Fury fan, but a reappraisal is needed - Fury isn't ready to challenge any real contenders. McD won that fight, and Fury looked like a guy out of ideas. He is only 21, so if he's got brains he'll go away and rethink, get in better shape and learn to make use of his assets...jab and move! Definitely needs a controlled diet and weights program - lacked the power or speed to trouble McDermott near enough.
    Good post.

Comment

Fury lost that fight, he should been a defetaed fighter right now, but cause he was the big prospect he got the decison, its happened many times before and will happen again.

Boxing is a ****ing dying sport, because of **** like this, no wonder mma is taking over.

Tyson fury was 10/1 to win the fight going into the last round with bet365, imagine if you lobbed a 100 on him eh.

Comment

I would of put the foot through the tv if i had money on mcdermott....

Comment

Originally posted by barry big balz View Post
          I would of put the foot through the tv if i had money on mcdermott....

Yeah, me too! Was a bent decision, but keeps Fury on course. TBH, we've seen it all before: I still remember Bruno vs Jumbo Cummings when Lawless had the bell rung early with Bruno badly rocked. Fury is the golden boy just like Bruno was then. That said, Fury was never in real danger of being stopped by McDermott, but it's obvious he's short on the skills, and KO power, needed to go toe to toe with the guys a level above McD.

Comment

DSOnt be too hard on fury, i am going to do a long post of my thoughts on this fight

Comment

Originally posted by Infern0 View Post
              DSOnt be too hard on fury, i am going to do a long post of my thoughts on this fight

Not being hard on him, just realistic. Would you put him in with the winner of Sexton Rogan? Because in some quarters that is his next logical fight. After McDermott, I'd seriously worry for Fury against the winner of that bout. But as I said, he's only 21 and can go away and work hard on his shortcomings. I don't know how disciplined and dedicated he is, but he learned a big lesson about the fight game tonight for sure.

Comment

Tyson Fury = a White Audley Harrison.

Comment

a scandelous decision, I still can't believe it.

McDermott deserves a rematch, and Fury had better take it, because he needs all the practise he can get. Last night proved he is nowhere near ready for serious contenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Special K View Post
                    good post, agree with EVERYTHING here, Fury if your reading this? GET IN SHAPE, and watch a few WLAD fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X