No announcement yet.

While lifting weights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While lifting weights

i all of a sudden went all dazy and felt sick.. almost as if i was gonna pass out. I drink water twice or more a day and i ate like 5 hrs before. I had just started doing my regular excercise so i dont think i was pushing it to far??

Originally posted by N-Mark-E View Post
    i all of a sudden went all dazy and felt sick.. almost as if i was gonna pass out. I drink water twice or more a day and i ate like 5 hrs before. I had just started doing my regular excercise so i dont think i was pushing it to far??
    It could be a number of reasons

You said you ate 5 hours prior to working out. YOur blood sugar may have been low already and it even lowered it by working out.

Did you just get back to working out after a long time-off?

Or you maybe diabetic, again, going back to having low blood sugar.

Comment

try eating closer to the time you are doing weights, even a couple of bananas should do it. Drink more water more often. Also if you are trying to build muscle you need adequate fuel in the form of mainly protein and carbs with some fat before you work out, and something asap when you finish. You can make a whey protein shake or use eggs/ egg white, fruit, milk, oats, peanut butter etc.

Comment

drink water twice or more a day? i think u should be constantly drinking water in small doses throughout the day...

Comment

Originally posted by Trrmo View Post
          try eating closer to the time you are doing weights, even a couple of bananas should do it. Drink more water more often. Also if you are trying to build muscle you need adequate fuel in the form of mainly protein and carbs with some fat before you work out, and something asap when you finish. You can make a whey protein shake or use eggs/ egg white, fruit, milk, oats, peanut butter etc.
          actually i did have a few days break.. how often do you take protein shakes?

Comment

actually i did have a few days break.. how often do you take protein shakes?
            I have a shake in the morning but I use 2 whole eggs, 2 egg whites, banana, skim milk, cornflakes or oats. It is mainly for convenience, you dont need to take protein shakes you can just eat right by having 5 or six small meals a day, lean protein from tuna, beef, chicken etc, and fruits, veg, wholegrain bread, low fat milk. Make sure to include fat in your diet too.

Comment

Working...
            X