Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What country has the most overrated fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What country has the most overrated fighters?

Wanted to check poll but forgot to...UK hides their fighters from the rest of the world and then they get embarrassed like that...I think God Save The Queen is a song dedicated to the vaginas UK fighters have for a mouth

All-time, the US

The unquestionable status "golden age heavyweights" who just wailed on local billybobs and how infuriated people become when you compare modern fighters to them, just hilarious. People who complain about the talent gap in the modern heavies have obviously never examined the ascension of the "legends". Some of the guys Ali fought for titles would have trouble even being licensed nowadays,

Currently
    , by far, the UK

If you break the top 500 in your weight division and you're from the UK you're instantly ready for Pacqauaio/Klitschko and a serious p4p threat. It's like showing up at Warner Brothers wearing a yarmulke, you've already got the job.

On one hand its cool that the UK has a strong boxing fanbase, but on the other hand it gets old watching the same old deja vu where some guy like haye or hatton loses and the UK fans are like "my god what an upset!" about their guy who was a 900:1 underdog and had no chance in hell at any point in time.

I'm subscribed to a UK boxing magazine and they had an article titled "atta boy haye!" or something, applauding the brilliance of Haye faking an injury and pulling out of his original klitschko fight "because he wanted to win the WBA belt first so the fans could have unified champion". Their guys can do no wrong.

I expect a really emotional spread on Haye battling through a deadly swollen toe and tropical rainstorm just to fly the union jack against all odds, then barely losing a corrupt decision after 12 rounds of bloody war to 7'8" 480 lbs wladimir.
    Last edited by Toe Injury; 07-03-2011, 02:21 AM.

Comment

I would say Bolivia has the most overrated fighters. I don't see them fighting with broken toes.

Comment

America, no contest.

Comment

Whatever country youre from, most likely.

Comment

USA jsut becuase theyve had the most boxers

Comment

Every country out there except Norway cause boxing is illegal there.

Comment

USA , no doubt about it.........mainly coz the ones who are authorized to have credibleity of ranking fighters are americans.......it is sort of like history, us americans can put anything we want...just cozz we can.......but globally, i think that majoirty of the world think we are weaklings and a bunch of spoiled brats which is somehow i agree...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinoy4ever View Post
                  Every country out there except Norway cause boxing is illegal there.

There are fighters from Norway, they just don't fight in Norway.

Comment

England has the most overrated fighters.

Comment

Working...
                    X