No announcement yet.

Meal plan and workout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meal plan and workout

Hey guys, i am 15 and have been boxing for 9 months now. i am currently 5 feet 9 inches and weigh 159 LBS. I box 2 times a week and workout 3 days a week while taking the weekends off. My personal trainer says my body fat % is 20.2 but i dont see how since my lean mass is 134.4. Here is what i eat:

Workout days:
    Breakfest: 3 eggs and cottage chesse
    Lunch: Chicken Sandwich with apple and granola bar
    Before workout: Cup of oatmeal with protein powder mixed in
    After: Protein shake and Banana.
    Dinner: either chicken steak or fish with salad and a grain(pasta or rice)
    Total calorie intake:2100

Boxing days
    Breakfest: eggs and cottage cheese
    Lunch: chicken sandwich with apple and granola bar
    Before boxing: Nothing
    After boxing: cup of quaker oats w/o protein powder
    Dinner:Same as workout days. Please tell me what i am doing wrong and what i have to do to get down to 15% body fat. All helpful comment appreciated.
    Thanks you!

Sounds like you need to step your cardio up!
    How many times a week do you do cardio, and for how long?

Comment

My new book will tell you everything you need to know to get in shape, with loads of helpfull tips and diagrams.

Check it out

Comment

at 5'9 your personal trainer is probably right about your body fat, which ,means you're pretty fat (no offense)

you should eat more to build a little muscle after your training but you should really take your training seriously and work your ass off, you will get leaner. If you are fatter than the other people in your weight class it will not be fun, they will dominate you

Comment

Hey man, I really am not fat. I have a pretty much straight stomach. I cant last 4x3 minute rounds in the ring vs amateur boxers(sparring).I used to be VERY FAT but have lost A LOT of weight in the past 2 years. I also work my D*ck off when im at the gym. I get a new workout every 6 weeks.

Comment

I don't see any green vegetables or any type of vegetable in your diet from what you listed.

I'd replace some of the stuff like pasta with Green Vegetables if your goal is to drop bodyfat and lean out.

I'm 180lbs and I my workouts (even though I don't box) are very intense and strenuous and even only stick to 1/2 cup of oatmeal.

So yeah I'd cut back on carbs a little bit, eat more green vegetables and fruits, and eat more lean protein. I don't know what your water intake is, but make sure you are drinking a LOT. I do around 1.5-2 gallons per day myself. I think at least a gallon would be good for you. Especially if you are boxing you are losing a lot of fluids.

Breakfast: Eggs, 1/2 Cup Oatmeal or a piece of fruit (Apple)
            Snack: Can of Tuna w/ Steamed Broccoli and a handful of almonds
            Lunch: 6oz Chicken Brest w/ Brown Rice
            Pre Training - Apple or nothing
            After Training- 20oz Gatorade and maybe a scoop of protein
            Dinner: Fish (Salmon) and a Salad
            Before Bed- Cup of Cottage Cheese

just an example

Comment

Hey thanks man, I definitly will, i usually only eat half of the oatmeal before my workout anyway. And ya i do drink a lot of water. Usually 2-3 16-20 FL OZ bottles a day. Thanks again

Comment

thats not alot of water at all bro, 3 20 oz bottles?

Comment

Working...
                X