Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anybody here ever joined the Army Reserve or Airforce Guard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried but got rejected on medical grounds. I was fit and healthy, but when I said that I occasionally got asthma they said I couldn't get in.

Comment

My sister was an AP in the Air Force. She left the service and went to school to study nursing. She returned to the
      Air Force Reserve and rose to major in the reserve. I would bet her benefits and retirement are amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
        Hello,

I am looking to get some insight for joining the national guard.

After boot came how is it ?

Do you have to do the PT Test every year ?

Is 6 years the minimum?

Don't tell me to ask a recruiter, I have a law enforcement interview coming up and I already pasted the Physical Exam. Law enforcement hiring process takes a long time and just in CASE i don't get that gig the Reserve is looking halfway decent.

I rather just do the law enforcement job but the wife is in my ear about the army since some people we know got $30,000 in sign on bonus.

Father was a marine , grandfather was in the army. Like I said i rather do the law enforcement route but looking for some insight.

Is the reserve 80% BS and Drills ? Clean this , do this type of junk ?
        Wife is in your ear? Then tell her to join, fock that ****

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
          I tried but got rejected on medical grounds. I was fit and healthy, but when I said that I occasionally got asthma they said I couldn't get in.
          I have my exam tomorrow. I am basically going to lie minus the fact i got flat feet.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post
            Wife is in your ear? Then tell her to join, fock that ****
            Been down that road. Tables have turned and this is my best option.

Comment

I have MEPS tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
                Hello,

I am looking to get some insight for joining the national guard.

After boot came how is it ?

Do you have to do the PT Test every year ?

Is 6 years the minimum?

Don't tell me to ask a recruiter, I have a law enforcement interview coming up and I already pasted the Physical Exam. Law enforcement hiring process takes a long time and just in CASE i don't get that gig the Reserve is looking halfway decent.

I rather just do the law enforcement job but the wife is in my ear about the army since some people we know got $30,000 in sign on bonus.

Father was a marine , grandfather was in the army. Like I said i rather do the law enforcement route but looking for some insight.

Is the reserve 80% BS and Drills ? Clean this , do this type of junk ?
                Why reserve? The police clearance can't be tough otherwise all those ku klux klans from Texas wouldn't be officers.

Comment

i will never join any type of military service. i salute the men's and women's doing this but sorry, im not gonna put myself in a position to get blown off because i stepped on an IED while out on patrol. im better off joining a street gang and throwing my life away this way.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
                    i will never join any type of military service. i salute the men's and women's doing this but sorry, im not gonna put myself in a position to get blown off because i stepped on an IED while out on patrol. im better off joining a street gang and throwing my life away this way.
                    Actually that's my only regret. I saw guys joining the army when Bush started the 2nd Gulf war but didn't think about it at the time. With time though I wished I had joined the army even if it had been for the minimum period. I can't do that now in my 30s.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
                      Actually that's my only regret. I saw guys joining the army when Bush started the 2nd Gulf war but didn't think about it at the time. With time though I wished I had joined the army even if it had been for the minimum period. I can't do that now in my 30s.
                      You can still find reserve for certain branches up to 33-37

Comment

Working...
                      X