No announcement yet.

Again it’s fighter of the decade not fighter of half the decade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
    Nah after mosley he even vacation again for like 15 months. That’s already close to his retirement in 07 which was 22 months.

So nope. 5 years is what it is unless you count the mcgregor show.
    Let's try math
    He fought in
    2010 - that's 1
    2011 - that's 2
    2012 - that's 3. Still following? now it gets tricky
    2013 - that's 4
    2014 - that's 5
    2015 - yep, this is where it gets super complicated. You see, 5+1=6.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
      Before the McGregor/Nasukawa nonsense, Floyd finished his real boxing career fighting 15 CONSECUTIVE world champions. Find me a single active fighter who fought 15 straight champs. And all of these are REAL champions too; not Regular/Diamond/Interim/IBO/whatever.

He never ducked anybody.

He was 24-0-0-0 against fighters that won a world title.

In his last 24 fights before McGregor, going all the way back to Corrales in 2001, exactly 3 were against somebody who WASN'T a champion

You clearly weren’t following floyd’s career. Go watch youtube vids with his interviews in front of margarito lol

Comment

You clearly weren’t following floyd’s career. Go watch youtube vids with his interviews in front of margarito lol
        Floyd would've beaten Margarito 120-108.

Margarito lost to Mosley, Pac, and Cotto, all of whom Floyd beat easily.

It's not "ducking" if you fight someone much better instead.

Comment

So you would win the decade if you had one great year and retire???! Dafuq lol
          I'm not a fan of debating extremes. Let's keep it realistic. I wouldn't vote for May over Nelo BUT May had a better run during the 2010's than Pac.

Crazy, May beat both of them rather easily yet, he wouldn't get my vote

Still, you have to take in what the other guys have done. If every one else are beating up bums, you have to consider a winner by default

Like when a sports team doesn't finish with the best record but end up winning the title by beating the best teams in the post season.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
            Floyd would've beaten Margarito 120-108.

Margarito lost to Mosley, Pac, and Cotto, all of whom Floyd beat easily.

It's not "ducking" if you fight someone much better instead.
            These Pacbois and Margarito....Even Margarito fans have come to realize it's a fools game to think their hero would have won a single round.

He's that one raggedy straw they just won't let go of.

Comment

Everyone bragging about the canelo and pac win. But the pac win was 6 years too late already planked against marquez and couldn’t KO the algerias of the world.. any real fan would know pac was past it after the marquez KO, floyd is older but he was still closer to his prime than pac was because of his style.
              Pac got a 3 win rebuild and floyd immediately okay to fight him since he aint that dangerous anymore and before he loses to anyone else again.
              “I’ll never work with arum” demand went out the drain like magic.
              “I will not accept 60-40, only a 40m flatfee for pac” “pac should sign to tmt first” all went out the drain.

Canelo was solid but was still green when he fought floyd not to mentioned at a catchweight from a weightclass floyd comfortably fought twice before and was speaking ill towards catchweights til he wanted one lol
              How great was floyd and pac when they were 23.. yup they were both up and coming

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                I'm not a fan of debating extremes. Let's keep it realistic. I wouldn't vote for May over Nelo BUT May had a better run during the 2010's than Pac.

Crazy, May beat both of them rather easily yet, he wouldn't get my vote

Still, you have to take in what the other guys have done. If every one else are beating up bums, you have to consider a winner by default

Like when a sports team doesn't finish with the best record but end up winning the title by beating the best teams in the post season.
                Like i said everyone of the candidates has a weak case. Im a pinoy but im sure as hell pac has a weak case. He surprised me by the thurman win, but that’s not enough. Amazing he still fighting up to this age given his style and credit where it’s due but he ain’t fighter of the decade.. he had a lot of just so so wins this decade.

Canelo being the most dominant currently, and most popular has a good chance but if we dissect it he has a lot of close fights in the decade where it really could’ve gone the other way. Plus getting schooled by floyd

Floyd meanwhile on paper has the biggest wins, but seriously pac-floyd happened 6 years too late i dont care what u believed but for me floyd and his team avoided prime pac.. they won the first negotiation and rode off to it until 2015 when it all can be renegotiated, when they were being summoned by HBO when he was at hbo, and when pac was sending Koncz to his camp to negotiate, had he wanted the fight earlier. And im here since 08 to witness every move from both sides. And a big fan of both. But floyd and his team never wanted it they even invent a philippine drug that makes you walk thru bullets let’s not pretend that didn’t happen.

He fought a 23 year old canelo at a catchweight. I have more problem with the catchweight than the age— since canelo still was a champ that time. Floyd was openly criticizing catchweights til he wanted one. Lol and let’s not pretent he didn’t go to full 154 twice before that.
                On paper floyd wins this battle as many newbies here would just google and say look! He beat these guys not knowing all the facts behind it.

But floyd also only fought half a decade so there’s that.

Comment

It should atleast require the winner to fight and dominate most of the decade. Like most of the other winners. By end of 2015 floyd real boxing has been past news. Showdowns with gregor and tenshin obviously don’t count.

Floyd only has a case —in this case— because all the other runners for the award have weak cases as well.

And floyd managed to remained relevant because of his media stunts.
                  I notice you cowardly avoided my point. Floyd is the only fighter to win foty twice during the decade.

Part of the rationale for manny winning over Floyd last decade was manny won foty back to back when Floyd was retired and also won foty more than anyone else during the decade.

Now I get you are in your feelings. But kindly address my point- if one person has won foty more during the decade than any other fighter, is it fair that he be considered for fotd?

Comment

You have a point.

But floyd also promoted protecting that 0 at all cost. Which leads to ducking. Marinating. And all sorts of diva issues followed by many fighters and promoters now.

He’s also added that “you on the other side of the street” thing to his arsenal.. and “don’t work with arum”

All in which he eventually did when the time was right.

Now everybody thinks they can leverage everyone same as floyd. Most of those ppvs have been snoozefest to the world as well, and it only hurt boxing.

I give credit to floyd though because he worked his ass to become a superstar while others now only think their megastars already without doing ****.
                    This isn’t factual. This is an opinion shared by disgruntled fans because their favorites didn’t beat Floyd.

You guys are not man enough or mature enough To set aside your hate, admit you were wrong , and give him credit for beating your favorites.

Instead you come up with convoluted rationale like you did here to justify your immaturity filled hate.

It is beyond sad that so many of you go out like this. Then when your warped theories are applied to your favorite fighters you all cry about racism and being treated unfair.

The guys you like just weren’t as gifted or talented as Floyd. That is why they lost. They knew they weren’t as talented which is why they waited as long as possible to fight him.

Instead of being mad that God chose to bless someone you don’t like, accept it, give credit, and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      This isn’t factual. This is an opinion shared by disgruntled fans because their favorites didn’t beat Floyd.

You guys are not man enough or mature enough To set aside your hate, admit you were wrong , and give him credit for beating your favorites.

Instead you come up with convoluted rationale like you did here to justify your immaturity filled hate.

It is beyond sad that so many of you go out like this. Then when your warped theories are applied to your favorite fighters you all cry about racism and being treated unfair.

The guys you like just weren’t as gifted or talented as Floyd. That is why they lost. They knew they weren’t as talented which is why they waited as long as possible to fight him.

Instead of being mad that God chose to bless someone you don’t like, accept it, give credit, and move on.
                      Nah! I like floyd and couldn’t even decide who to back up when he fought pacman and i’m a freakin pinoy.

Just real talk man, floyd had his shares of issues during his career. And i’m willing to criticize everyone including pacman who is a national hero here.

I’ve been here since 08 and been watching boxing for almost two decades now, every update during their primes and i know for sure floyd had his share of bad things in the sport.

The bad guy might be a character but the other parts are not. He is really dang good too, but cmon he engineered his career perfectly.. IVs, glove issue, drug tests, cmon let’s not be blinded.. let’s not act he beat a prime pacman and did his best to avoid it during 09-14
                      Lets not act there’s no video of him being so scared in front of margarito and when he was interviewed later on and was still checkin if margarito was still there lol

He was also asked way back in 06-07 why he wouldn’t fight cotto on national tv and he said “because he lives in puerto rico”
                      Ask why he don’t fight margarito he said he has 5 losses but then he proceeded to fight baldomir who has like 12 losses at that time

I’d root for him to win against anyone but i wont lie i didn’t see the bad stuffs
                      Last edited by dibzvincent143; 01-10-2020, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X