• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
    GGG credible wins-
    Jacobs
    SD
    Murray
    Macklin

(To give GGG Brook and/or Ishida, I'd have to give Nelo Khan and/or JCC jr )

Nelo -
    GGG
    Jacobs
    Kov
    Cotto
    Lara
    Trout
    Smith
    This Nelo fan doesn't rank Kirkland as a credible win.

Remember, Nelo is still 29 years old.

As for Kirkland/Ishida...pure fluke. No one was more surprised than Ishida. Besides, we are discussing resumes. Kirkland's resume > Ishida's
    OK thanks...but I asked which 5 fighters you would have above GGG right now resume wise...I know you like Canelo but not sure why you turned this into a Canelo vs GGG thing lol.

Btw Macklin is like GGG's 10th best win imo lol...for GGG I would say SD, Jacobs, Murray, Lemieux, Monroe, Brook, Geale, Ouma are his really quality wins.

For Canelo I would say GGG, Jacobs, Kovalev, Cotto, Lara, Trout, Smith are his really quality wins.

You could probably add a few, give or take, to each guy depending your perspective...but yeah I don't really see the huge difference there between their lists...I had GGG winning both of those so I don't always add those for Nelo lol...but of course he has an official W over him, and GGG gets to add the official W vs SD - which was a close fight, so it just is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
      OK thanks...but I asked which 5 fighters you would have above GGG right now resume wise...I know you like Canelo but not sure why you turned this into a Canelo vs GGG thing lol.

Btw Macklin is like GGG's 10th best win imo lol...for GGG I would say SD, Jacobs, Murray, Lemieux, Monroe, Brook, Geale, Ouma are his really quality wins.

For Canelo I would say GGG, Jacobs, Kovalev, Cotto, Lara, Trout, Smith are his really quality wins.

You could probably add a few, give or take, to each guy depending your perspective...but yeah I don't really see the huge difference there between their lists...I had GGG winning both of those so I don't always add those for Nelo lol...but of course he has an official W over him, and GGG gets to add the official W vs SD - which was a close fight, so it just is what it is.
      I have to look over some guys resumes and factor in they are still young.

GGG is on his way out and is, imho, finally stepping up his game (when he's not fighting guys like Rolls and this rumored nobody he's fighting next).

Unbiased eyes is key when making assessments.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
        I have to look over some guys resumes and factor in they are still young.

GGG is on his way out and is, imho, finally stepping up his game (when he's not fighting guys like Rolls and this rumored nobody he's fighting next).

Unbiased eyes is key when making assessments.
        Yeah I really try to keep it real with what I see man...I really do...we probably all have our biases but honestly I just try and look at the facts and call it like I see it.

Yeah GGG being at the end of his road is true...but that's part of the reason why Pac would have the number 1 resume right now...he has basically fought his whole career...so that is kind of my point with GGG...he has basically fought his whole career so far so I can't really see the current guys who right now have better resumes than him...maybe some do idk...I don't really follow the little guys.

And again I think GGG has as many quality fighters on his resume/win list as anyone in boxing right now...a lot of that is because he is at the end of his line basically.

But the Rolls/Szeremeta taunts just don't really make sense imo...when his last 6 have been Canelo Canelo Jacobs SD...and Rolls and Vanes...who has a better 6 fights than that lol..maybe Canelo...no one else really comes close.

GGG probably has a few light touches in the last 8 or so years and 20 or so fights...but besides someone like Wade I can't really find too many terrible names anyway...and Wade was the mando...and I mainly sh.it on him because he couldn't be bothered to get his stomach in shape for the fight...but he was at least a solid amateur too.

Comment

Yeah I really try to keep it real with what I see man...I really do...we probably all have our biases but honestly I just try and look at the facts and call it like I see it.

Yeah GGG being at the end of his road is true...but that's part of the reason why Pac would have the number 1 resume right now...he has basically fought his whole career...so that is kind of my point with GGG...he has basically fought his whole career so far so I can't really see the current guys who right now have better resumes than him...maybe some do idk...I don't really follow the little guys.

And again I think GGG has as many quality fighters on his resume/win list as anyone in boxing right now...a lot of that is because he is at the end of his line basically.

But the Rolls/Szeremeta taunts just don't really make sense imo...when his last 6 have been Canelo Canelo Jacobs SD...and Rolls and Vanes...who has a better 6 fights than that lol..maybe Canelo...no one else really comes close.

GGG probably has a few light touches in the last 8 or so years and 20 or so fights...but besides someone like Wade I can't really find too many terrible names anyway...and Wade was the mando...and I mainly sh.it on him because he couldn't be bothered to get his stomach in shape for the fight...but he was at least a solid amateur too.
          Are we talking ''wins'' or just ''fights'' ?
          Pac's wins at WW have been vs mostly mediocre opposition. Prior to, it's ''decent''.

I will have to get back to you on these young guys resumes.

Comment

I ask this question because in another thread a few guys (the usual GGG-hating crew, to be fair) were going crazy about GGG being mentioned as having a top active resume.

I don't really see the case against him having a top one...I don't follow the small guys much so can't comment on those guys really...fwiw, boxrec(which is not an exact science imo) has GGG #3 pfp right now, which is basically their view of who has the best active resumes.

Resume is defined as - a brief account of a person’s education, qualifications, and previous experience.

Pac obviously would be the #1 current resume in most people's opinion...Canelo would probably be 2nd...I don't really see where, based on that definition and based on my view of Canelo and GGG, where Canelo's resume would necessarily be better than GGG's, but a case can certainly be made that Nelo's is better.

I think Loma would probably be up there now as well.

But once you start getting into the Porters, Garcias, Pascals, Kovalevs etc...I mean I don't really see how reasonable people can put those guys above GGG's resume...and GGG's would certainly seem to be on par or above compared to those guys.

Just looking for some thoughts/discussion here?

Obviously pacquiao

Canelo beat undefeated trout, 1 loss Lara when the whole world was ducking Lara. Canelo promoter didn't even want him fighting Lara, and he beat GGG. Also Khan who is a better name than brook whom Golovkin beat. So Canelo is clearly ahead of the.

Danny Garcia beat Khan at his peak, matthysse at his peak. Lost razor thin fights against Thurman and porter

Lomachencko beat a undefeated russell jr, p4p rigo, Walters, Linares. I rank his resume better than gennady.

Porter has fought everybody at 147. Thurman, spence, Danny, brook, Broner, berto. He is 3-3 in those fights but the ones he lost were by 1 round. GGG resume don't got those kind of names

Vanes, adama, Macklin, lemiuex, monroe, osado proska, geale, Rubio, rolls. None of those names matter. Canelo, Jacobs, brook, Derevychencko those are the only names that matter on Golovkin resume.

I said all that to say, GGG resume is average at best. And the last 3 years made it average. Before that it was pretty bad
            Last edited by bluebeam; 11-15-2019, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              It's the worst case you can make for Golovkin as all his strong wins are against meaningless opposition and his best fights are mostly controversial. I think it's better to look at his skill in his prime. That's his real strength. His power and technique then.
              Facts.... TS refuse to take a L lmao.

How u gonna downplay other guys resumes then turn around and try to hype up GGGs.

His best win is Daniel Jacobs which was controversial. And next best win is Martin Murray or Serg D.

People don't even like Garcia but all admit he has one of the best resumes with those big wins over Khan and Mattysee yet TS thinks if he names every single GGG average win it somehow transforms into "great"

The only way i could give his pov a pass is if related to the guy or know him personally.

Otherwise his dck riding has more substance than GGGs resume lmao

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                Obviously pacquiao

Canelo beat undefeated trout, 1 loss Lara when the whole world was ducking Lara. Canelo promoter didn't even want him fighting Lara, and he beat GGG. Also Khan who is a better name than brook whom Golovkin beat. So Canelo is clearly ahead of the.

Danny Garcia beat Khan at his peak, matthysse at his peak. Lost razor thin fights against Thurman and porter

Lomachencko beat a undefeated russell jr, p4p rigo, Walters, Linares. I rank his resume better than gennady.

Porter has fought everybody at 147. Thurman, spence, Danny, brook, Broner, get to. He is 3-3 in those fights but the ones he lost were by 1 round. GGG resume don't got those kind of names

Vanes, adama, Macklin, lemiuex, monroe, osado proska, geale, Rubio, rolls. None of those names matter. Canelo, Jacobs, brook, Derevychencko those are the only names that matter on Golovkin resume.

I said all that to say, GGG resume is average at best. And the last 3 years made it average. Before that it was pretty bad
                I agree with everything but the highlighted. No way u can rate Khan over Brook at this point. Khan been pure trash since 140.

Atleast Brook got a great win over Porter which looks better as time goes by since he is the only guy to get a clear win over him not p4p Spence or ex Champ Thurman.

And he gave Spence his toughest fight until Porter this year. And landed the most clean shots on Spence to this day.

The most Khan did since 140 was Devon fcking Alexander and Luiz Collazo. Two gatekeepers at best

Comment

GGG
                  SD - arguably lost
                  Jacobs - arguably lost
                  Brook - Welterweight
                  Murray - eh
                  Lemieux - eh
                  Monroe - eh
                  Stevens - eh
                  Geale - eh
                  Rosado - eh
                  Ouma - eh
                  Proksa - eh
                  Rubio - eh
                  Macklin - eh
                  Vanes - eh
                  Rolls - eh
                  Adama - eh
                  Ishida - eh
                  This is how it really is and I'm a fan of GGG.

Comment

Pacquiao
                    Canelo
                    Crawford
                    Spence
                    Porter
                    Garcia
                    Khan
                    Kovalev
                    Fury
                    Joshua
                    Usyk
                    Khan
                    Pascal
                    Donaire

Comment

I think he has a great resume with a record tying 20 successful world middleweight title defenses and only one questionable loss in his career. He KOed 22 guys in a row and is and has been one of the highest paid boxers in he world. Who else comes even close to making 20 successful title defenses of a title? But if someone thinks his resume is no good you can't change his mind. That's OK. At age 37 he is the number 1 middleweight in the world right behind the champion middleweight Canelo.He is still on all the well known top ten PFP best lists and he makes about 16 million bucks every fight and is the IBF world middleweight champion.

Comment

Working...
                      X