• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    Resident Evil
    Grand Theft Auto
    Syphon Filter
    Smackdown vs. Raw
    Silent Hill
    All of favs, although Smackdown-Raw has gone downhill IMO.

Comment

Yeah true, but I still liked them for the most part, even the much maligned 2008, once I figured out how to get all the achievements during 24/7 mode, their version of the season or career mode. 2011 I didn't like that much, but 2009 and 2010 were fun because you could pick anyone and win every title. I just didn't like having to get a certain amount of stars though. Winning should've been good enough to earn title shots. At least they significantly shortened season mode with those 2 editions, just calling it Road to Wrestlemania.

Actually, it has a different name now, it's just called WWE followed by the year right? So, you're saying none of those are any good, not even the new one?

Comment

Yeah true, but I still liked them for the most part, even the much maligned 2008, once I figured out how to get all the achievements during 24/7 mode, their version of the season or career mode. 2011 I didn't like that much, but 2009 and 2010 were fun because you could pick anyone and win every title. I just didn't like having to get a certain amount of stars though. Winning should've been good enough to earn title shots. At least they significantly shortened season mode with those 2 editions, just calling it Road to Wrestlemania.

Actually, it has a different name now, it's just called WWE followed by the year right? So, you're saying none of those are any good, not even the new one?
        Graphics wise they are great, but I think they are too complex now with seasons and angles and doing half a dozen control sequences to do a finisher. I just need an old school pro wrestling game for SNES.

Comment

True, but they simplified that. They made the grappling controlled by just flicking the right thumb stick in the later editions, instead of complex button combos and had it to where you just used one button for a finisher, like Legends of Wrestling did with moving the right analog stick, but simpler. You just have to be in the right position to execute it (facing dazed opponent for pedigree or at the head of a downed opponent to do a spear, off the top rope to opponent on ground for splash or swanton, etc.) It was usually L1 button, triangle or A button to do your finisher. I believe this started with the 2007 edition of Smackdown vs. Raw. And 2008 is simpler than most people think. It's just a matter of going through season mode once or twice to get the hang of it and to see which opponent is ranked #1 on the Power 25 when you fight him, usually Rey Mysterio on Smackdown or Shawn Michaels on Raw, possibly Triple H. Then it's just a matter of not accepting any title shots so you can win the Royal Rumble and win the title at Wrestlemania, then go through the season one more time, defending the title for another year and you're a hall of famer.

Oh, you mean the new WWE games. Damn, why did they have to complicate the controls again?
          Last edited by Anthony342; 10-11-2017, 11:56 AM.

Comment

True, but they simplified that. They made the grappling controlled by just flicking the right thumb stick in the later editions, instead of complex button combos and had it to where you just used one button for a finisher, like Legends of Wrestling did with moving the right analog stick, but simpler. You just have to be in the right position to execute it (facing dazed opponent for pedigree or at the head of a downed opponent to do a spear, off the top rope to opponent on ground for splash or swanton, etc.) It was usually L1 button, triangle or A button to do your finisher. I believe this started with the 2007 edition of Smackdown vs. Raw. And 2008 is simpler than most people think. It's just a matter of going through season mode once or twice to get the hang of it and to see which opponent is ranked #1 on the Power 25 when you fight him, usually Rey Mysterio on Smackdown or Shawn Michaels on Raw, possibly Triple H. Then it's just a matter of not accepting any title shots so you can win the Royal Rumble and win the title at Wrestlemania, then go through the season one more time, defending the title for another year and you're a hall of famer.

Oh, you mean the new WWE games. Damn, why did they have to complicate the controls again?
            Could be changed now, but I havent played in a few years.

Comment

Games that I have played/completed 3 or more of the franchise I think:

Dark Souls
              Borderlands
              Diablo
              Trine
              Saint's Row
              Call of Duty
              Divinity

Games I'm just waiting for the developers to make a 3rd one so I can play it:

Half Life
              Left 4 Dead
              Portal
              Magicka

There's a few others which I have played a few of the franchise and not finished them, may get back to them, may not...

Witcher
              Bioshock
              Elder Scrolls
              Final Fantasy
              Fallout

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
                Games that I have played/completed 3 or more of the franchise I think:

Dark Souls
                Borderlands
                Diablo
                Trine
                Saint's Row
                Call of Duty
                Divinity

Games I'm just waiting for the developers to make a 3rd one so I can play it:

Half Life
                Left 4 Dead
                Portal
                Magicka

There's a few others which I have played a few of the franchise and not finished them, may get back to them, may not...

Witcher
                Bioshock
                Elder Scrolls
                Final Fantasy
                Fallout

I think it was Call of Duty that had the futuristic version? I remember I couldnt play beyond that. Got bored after a few hours.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                  I think it was Call of Duty that had the futuristic version? I remember I couldnt play beyond that. Got bored after a few hours.
                  I think that was one of the recent ones. Most of the ones I played were long ago. COD, COD 2, COD 4 I think, although I also played COD MW1, MW2 and MW3, plus Black Ops 3.

IIRC there were several futuristic ones. They really went hard on it for a while. I'm not sure, after a while they all sort of merge into one game for me.

Comment

Working...
                  X