No announcement yet.

Fighters who fight similar to Napoles and Moore

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighters who fight similar to Napoles and Moore

Which other fighters made their fighting look like dancing besides these two?

Can't think of anyone who fights the same as Napoles, Napoles is probably one of the most under rated boxers I've ever seen, his only weakness seemed to be that he cut easily.

Same as I can't think of anyone who fights like Archie, some might say Toney, Hopkins or Mayweather but I don't see it.
    (They may have taken a few things / tricks from him but they don't fight like him).
    Last edited by NChristo; 12-17-2010, 10:21 PM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

Gilbert Baptist: He was trained at one point by Moore's son

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
        Can't think of anyone who fights the same as Napoles, Napoles is probably one of the most under rated boxers I've ever seen, his only weakness seemed to be that he cut easily.
        NChristo:

Why do you think Napoles is so overlooked?

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
          NChristo:

Why do you think Napoles is so overlooked?
          He doesn't get near enough credit for his talent and skills, imo anyway, in WW ATG lists he's always in the top 10, rightly, but when people talk about the most skilled I've never seen him in discussion when he should be. People seem to forget that he was a natural Lightweight as well.

He's over looked because he is in the Welter division with Robinson, Leonard etc.
          Last edited by NChristo; 12-17-2010, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Same as I can't think of anyone who fights like Archie, some might same Toney, Hopkins or Mayweather but I don't see it.
            (They may have taken a few things / tricks from him but they don't fight like him).
            I don't see it either

Archie used economical but very effective head movements (economical in the sense that he wouldn't bend his whole torso up and down like Mayweather or Toney to evade punches, he would just use more subtile head movement)

Comment

A young Wilfredo Gomez had great footwork to go along with his pressuring style.

Esteban DeJesus had some similarities with Jose Napoles, especially the punching form.

Moore's style was very unique, he was a complete craftsman who could play the part of the aggressor or the counter-puncher equally as well. His crab and shoulder roll defense has been used by various fighters along with the sneaky right hands counters.

Comment

He doesn't get near enough credit for his talent and skills, imo anyway, in WW ATG lists he's always in the top 10, rightly, but when people talk about the most skilled I've never seen him in discussion when he should be. People seem to forget that he was a natural Lightweight as well.

He's over looked because he is in the Welter division with Robinson, Leonard etc.
                So true. Napoles was a master boxer-puncher who (like you said) was forced to leave the lightweight division to get decent opposition. He was also probably a few years older than listed like many Cuban boxers are.

Comment

Working...
                X