Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khan and Ortiz are gonna divide and conquer: GBP's master plan...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what fight are you referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by robboxing View Post
      Ortiz and Khan are GBP's 2 rising stars. Ortiz is going to fight another washed up name to put on his resume, not Maidana. Maidana beat that ass the entire fight and made Ortiz quit. If Ortiz didn't quit he wouldve been Ko'd.

Is Khan fighting Casamayor? Dangerous opponent, but past his prime. As far as I know, Khan is going to England to have a title defense. It wont be against anyone dangerous.

Neither Khan or Ortiz are ready for Bradley or Alexander.

Zab Judah is going to be on the comeback trail too.

I see the 140 division split in 3 sections. 1. Alexander and Bradley are the kings, pretty untouchable by anyone but each other right now

2. You have guys like Urango, Maidana, Peterson. Big tests for anyone before they fight Alexander or Bradley

3. You have Khan, Ortiz, Judah, Maibuza. Up and coming names that in time will be dangerous for the top 2 tiers.

I don't think both Khan and Ortiz will live up to the hype. If I had to choose one, its Khan but he is going to keep fighting tailor made opponents till Bradley and Alexander lose some steam.
      Maidana didn't beat Ortiz' ass all night.

Comment

Let me change my statement. It was competitive in the early rounds. It was embarassing to see Ortiz quit like that.

He would've been KO'd. We'll see what happens with the kid, but I don't see much

Comment

Ortiz needs to move up to welter, he still needs some confidence building fights. He lost his swagger.

Comment

Originally posted by robboxing View Post
            Let me change my statement. It was competitive in the early rounds. It was embarassing to see Ortiz quit like that.

He would've been KO'd. We'll see what happens with the kid, but I don't see much
            The reason Ortiz lost was because he was keeping his hands low and kept running into alot of right hands because Ortiz would move his body to the dirrection of where Maidana was swinging...Ortiz was winning by points and knock downs...but he made an amature move...Maidana is just a power puncher...but Ortiz is quicker, hits almost as hard, and has more skill then Maidana...Maidana won when Ortiz had an off night...if the same Ortiz that showed up to the arnaoutis fight showed up that night against Maidana...I guarantee that Ortiz would have knocked Maidana down more times and he would have stopped him or the score cards would have been won by a very large margin...and I think Ortiz will win by this fashion in the rematch...

Comment

Originally posted by Bee Keepz View Post
              Ortiz needs to move up to welter, he still needs some confidence building fights. He lost his swagger.
              What if Ortiz goes after the guy who has the WBA WW belt? I think that would bring his confidence up alot...

Comment

Originally posted by Valero 27-0 View Post
                you think khan getting knocked the **** out by a bum in going to take over? do you think anyone thought pacquiao was going to be p4p#1 after getting rocked twice?
                khan probably isn't gonna take over. he's too chinny

pac never quit tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                  khan probably isn't gonna take over. he's too chinny

pac never quit tho.

Pac was chinny if he couldn't take a bantamin weight punch lol

Comment

I tend to agree. I think Khan outboxes Bradley and Alexander and I could see Ortiz surprising a lot of people and being the darkhorse coming out of the division.

Comment

Ortiz does not have a heart of a warrior - he is weak.

Comment

Working...
                      X