Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do some religious people ridicule Sciences beliefs on how the Universe came to be

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kevin- View Post
    Na, Spray, I can never drop trying to learn about this. Science is my love next to The Sweet Science
    I like to learn about the ideas too but they are just ideas and no one has or ever will figure it out most likely.......so its not something to get worked up about or change your life over based on some theory someone made up who knows how many thousands of years ago or in the past couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      People should just accept that sometimes people die of disease and noone knows why.

People should just accept that lighting sometimes strikes and noone knows why.

People should just accept that bad harvests happen and everyone starves from time to time and noone knows why.

For your comforts and conveniences and probably even your life you owe a debt to people who didn't accept these things, to people who set out to find out the answers.
      I am talking about this one issue, its beyond our reach so lets just forget about it.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kevin- View Post
        They say "oh the big bang yeah nothing just blew up and made everything".

But then their beliefs is that God/or a higher being created the Universe him/herself and when you ask them how was God created, they say he/she is so powerful and so great that he/she created itself.

Okay so nothing just created itself and became something?
        Doesn't that sound pretty much the same, like isn't it hypocritical to make fun of the big bang theory while your theory is just as "stupid" as what you're making fun of and sounds pretty much the same?

This is an actual question of mine, Kevin, that I have been wanting to ask for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
          I read once, that it was concluded my many scholars that the equation
          "What came first, the chicken or the egg" has a solution .....

Either the Chicken or the egg had to come into existence all of a sudden.

Which supports the God concept ..... just not the type of God that is represented by many ignorant, unlearned religious zealots, who have taken every allegorical phase in their holy books at face value.
          But neither the chicken nor the egg had to come into existence all of a sudden. In fact the true answer is that at some point there must have been an egg laid by a sort of jungle fowl that contained the embryo of what would become a chicken. Therefore the egg came first. The curious thing about evolution is that this boundary would be entirely arbitrary, the egg and embryo being classified as the same species (and probably subspecies) as its parent.

Of course if you're asking the question "What came first, eggs (in general) or chickens (in general)? then the answer is even easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
            I am talking about this one issue, its beyond our reach so lets just forget about it.
            Yes but 100 years ago the knowledge of rocket propulsion was beyond our reach,200 years ago the knowledge of powered travel was beyond our reach, 300 years ago the knowledge of longitudinal navigation was beyond our reach...

All knowledge is beyond our reach if we don't bother reaching for it.

Comment

But neither the chicken nor the egg had to come into existence all of a sudden. In fact the true answer is that at some point there must have been an egg laid by a sort of jungle fowl that contained the embryo of what would become a chicken. Therefore the egg came first. The curious thing about evolution is that this boundary would be entirely arbitrary, the egg and embryo being classified as the same species (and probably subspecies) as its parent.

Of course if you're asking the question "What came first, eggs (in general) or chickens (in general)? then the answer is even easier.
              well the chicken would have had to exist to lay the egg so the chicken came first.

Comment

The underlying concept is the equation .... If you have a living organism that has an evolutionary growth process, then how did that evolutionary process begin. And because of its genetic makeup ..... it had to be brought into existence by an external force {i.e GOD}

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
                  I read once, that it was concluded my many scholars that the equation
                  "What came first, the chicken or the egg" has a solution .....

Either the Chicken or the egg had to come into existence all of a sudden.

Which supports the God concept ..... just not the type of God that is represented by many ignorant, unlearned religious zealots, who have taken every allegorical phase in their holy books at face value.
                  The chicken came first, the chicken evolved from another animal. That other animal evolved from another animal and it goes on and on until it's just a little germ. I'm no scientist but this is how I think it is.

Comment

you got it all figured out man wow but the question of what came first the chicken or the egg is not meant to be taken literally but as a metaphor for the origins of the universe and man which not even you know.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K10 View Post
                      What's this, you're favorite song Versatile? I think there is a Hip Hop Forum for these type of vids

Comment

Working...
                      X